Speed of SkyBox faster than Schumacher!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chuggs

May 31, 2000
How do you adjust the scroll speed of the skybox? They are flying faster than Michael Schumachers Ferrari.
And how do you make a brush solid e.g. The tree brush that i made, bullets go through and the player can go through them. How do I make them solid? I would appreciate all your help.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
Regarding the Skybox speed...

You adjust the TexPanU TexPanV rates in the SkyZone (from 1.0 default to .25 or so), and I think their under ZoneInfo in the properties.

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Any texture can be panned at a different speed say for example I wanted a VDU screen to scroll green text on a black screen, (like the old days)...

Just make sure the VDU brush and texture are zoned ie in zoned off area seperate from other stuff.

Change the pan speed within the zoneinfo actor so the text scrolls at the correct speed...

Bastard'O

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
hmm

well, my only guess would be to make the brush hollow. then if youre using a cylinder make the outer radius larger than the inner radius making it pretty thick so bullets won't go through. or, if youre using a cube make the cube hollow and change the wall thickness. i think that will work

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
one more thing...

oh yeah about the wall thickness. i think 16 is how much you need to prevent bullets from penetrating through the wall, but i would go with 20 to be on the safe side. and if youre using the cylinder builder(which you probably are for a tree) make the inner radius about 20 less than the outer. but you should ask someone else about how much you need to prevent bullets from going through because im not possitive myself.