Just a shot to please ya all...it's the downed V22 Osprey.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HollowPoint

TBuildT mapper
Oct 21, 2000
Ooops..i made the crash a little to heavy i'm afraid..no one can survive such a crash.
Oh wel..they could have bailed in time. :D
And now..the main question, is it playable?
Yup! i'm running the map with +- 80 to 270 poly's
(The V22 Osprey model has 250+ poly's, but u can't see tru the entire map and the fighting will take place somewhere else)
I have a steady fps, somewhere between 40 and 55+ on my AMD Duron 800 with 192 mb RAM and a viper ll
I will send a beta to a few people to test the fps under various system specs.

I'm not sure if its a good idea but what about realeasing 2 version..a 'light' one without the V22 Osprey and a 'normal' version with the V22?
Just because the specs are higher then normal UT maps. (but i u look at the fps with DM-Blairwoord my map runs like dream) :D ;) :D

About the shot..it may look a little bright, it's just Paint Shop Pro.
and i also need to change some light..it a little bit to dark. (we don't want to make it TO easy for our sniper frends):D

ak.gif

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
That looks pretty damn nice....

I'm on a Mac G3 400mhz w/ ATI rage 128

I would love to test it for ya to see how it runs!!

ICQ me.....

dank2.gif

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
needs more low level brush. like shrubs. it's suposed to be a jungle right. maybe you could do like sheets that you can wlak through that are textured like vines. maybe some low fog that'll just cover you when prone would be coll too.

firetatanka.jpg

FEAR!

.Sniper187.

Weekly War Founder and Real Maps Reviewer
Aug 5, 2000
weeklywar.sobservers.com
Bunker is right though, the map does need more ground cover. I would also try to find a more convincing texture for the trees/treetops. Just my opinions. Everything else looks very nice.

<center>
sig.gif

Founder and Director of The Weekly War.

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
a texture with gaps in it with a lightsource behind it might be neat. like sunlight. you could even take the time to do light beams shining down through it. assuming it's a day map. the ame thing should also apply to a night map though to i guess just a bit different.

firetatanka.jpg

FEAR!

HollowPoint

TBuildT mapper
Oct 21, 2000
It a night map actually...(a neccasary choice to keep the poly low. e.g at daylight everything HAS to look good)

ak.gif

kinf

Jun 7, 2000
cartman.go2.it
keekut...

Have ya thought about using KeekUT/RainGenerator
for you map? It would go with the jungle/forest look...

Marshall-Mathers :)
~*Quote*~ Half the **** i say i just make it up to make you mad so kiss my white naked ass ~*Quote*~

AIM:::MMathers2k1