Inf-lite ????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you play INF-Lite if it was released?

• yes

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
I personally think INF-lite is a complete waste of time, I know that I'd never play INF-lite (im a mega-realism fan) and I think many others wouldn't either.

I think you should post-pone working on INF-lite until your done with regular INF. I mean, if you tried to juggle playing both, your skills would suffer trying to switch from realistic to non-realistic.

Tell me if someone else agrees with me.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I disagree...I think InfLite will be the most useful tool for Inf-Evangelism out there.

Plus, it's kinda fun getting and "Monster Kill" with a Desert Eagle :D

Fred DM

Sep 15, 2000
Unfortunately...

... i have to agree with Domino! :( i would recommend to keep working on INF only. no INF Lite.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
It takes some time to adjust from 'non-realism' to 'ultra-realism', so what ?
If you switch often enough, you will find you make the switch easier and faster.
Some ppl either like realism or 'unrealism', but there are ppl (like me) who can enjoy both at times.

I agree with Zundfolge :
Inf-lite is one hell of a tool to get new players interested in Infiltration.
You get to know the weapons, and the ultra-realism is there for you to try too.

I can't wait to try other mods for UT with the Infiltration weapons :)
Jailbreak & Fragball are two I want to try with this mutator.
Maybe even holywars or slavemaster if I can find them again.

Hey : you could even create a 'fortress'-type gamestyle with this mutator. Instead of classes, players could choose between several set loadouts...

/me can't wait for mutators/gametypes which can take Inf-lite and still work ...
Maybe someone makes a mutator/gametype with Inf-lite as a required mutator ;)

Sebu_NZ

Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!
Dec 25, 2000
New Zealand
www.muttonbone.com
Don't worry there Fred mate, they got a completely seperate proggramer working on Inf-lite, so it won't hassle the main team at all (or at least not enough for me to kill them!).

A little story here:

I booted up Inf-lite after a long game of Infiltration, Inf-lite was madness all the jumping around and madness, it was plain madness!

So I dont personally like it, but I can see the value of it, and it should do wounders for some folk

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
There should be a kind of opitions menu: what do u want to get real. See my point?

this is boring to code, like putting "if"s and "case"s in a program...

ramon

Jun 25, 2000
seville, spain
Visit site
i agree with zundfoldge and JaFo. Inf-Lite is really good and funny. unfortunately, it seems like it doesnt works well with others mods (see the Inf-Lite post at troubleshooting forum..)
and Lite is being developed separately from Inf, so dont care about time.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
After all I read I think INF-lite is coded by an own team member, so standard INF is not delayed by it in any way.

Personally I prefer INF, but some times I'm just too tired to concentrate enough - and for me INF just needs concentration. I tried some other mods, playing TacOps from time to time, but it just didn't feel as good as INF275, which is my personal standard for action-mods for UT(compared to 2.85 2.75 just is semi-realistic..).

Now I have just what I need for a little quick-action, the 285 weapons and UT bots - it might not be realistic, but it's fun, and I personally like INF-Lite - not that 285 was not fun, it's just something different.

I also agree with Zündfolge and JaFo - INF-Lite might well attract other players to INF, who like semi-realism more.

Snakeye :D
(PS: talking about madness, I played yesterday against a NOVICE bot with full accuracy, alertness etc and I had real troubles at first, but after 18 frags or so I finally got the old '275-feeling' back..)