turrets

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

summonermw2

May 4, 2001
California
Visit site
does any one know how hard it would be (and what it would take) to put turrets in Unreal using Ued? I know it probably requires coding
(I have done a little C language in the past, not that it qualifies me!)

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
It's already included in UT I think just importing the class would do it but you'd have to import the mesh too (But I think there's a turret mesh in unreal)

summonermw2

May 4, 2001
California
Visit site
if your referring to classes/decorations/cannon then I was thinking of something a little different like a half dome, though I don't suppose I can be picky. and if your referring to some other "mesh" Please tell me where it is. also I don't have a copy of UT at the moment and until they lower the price I don't intend to get one!
(man I love that spell checker!!!)

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
YesI was refering to the cannon mesh,and man ,UT is available in budget everywhere ....
Anyway I could just attach you the .uc text of the cannon class you'd have to recompile it into a package of yours.I'll do that next time I lauch UEd.BTW this cannon behaviour is a little special (made for assault gametypes mostly) so it would be better to tell me what you want it to do exactly,I would tweak the code accordingly.

NutWrench

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Hi TaoPaiPai,

If you want to look at the source code script for an automatic cannon, check out the NBSpecials package for Unreal 1. One of the scripts is for an automatic cannon which has a huge number of options..... (Fire on particular enemy class, stop firing if enemy is damaged to a certain point, don't fire until enemy is within certain range, stop firing when enemy moves out of range, etc) It's pretty cool. :)

summonermw2

May 4, 2001
California
Visit site
What I wanted to do is have the cannon fire on a given class or on the enemy of a given class, very simple. I may be blind but what is NBSpecials package and where do I get it.
does any one know if theres a tutorial on source code script? and don't think I'm not grateful for the help.

NutWrench

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Originally posted by ppcthug@yahoo.com
What I wanted to do is have the cannon fire on a given class or on the enemy of a given class, very simple. I may be blind but what is NBSpecials package and where do I get it.
does any one know if theres a tutorial on source code script? and don't think I'm not grateful for the help.

Here you go. Beppo's NBspecials mod tutorials
When you load the script, it adds a new subclass in the Decorations under the Cannon: SpecialCannon (which is the automatic one) and SpecialControlCannon which can be controlled by the player or even pawns. :)
(I checked the site, there's a version for UT now, as well as Unreal)

Last edited:

NutWrench

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
No problem! :)

I think the NBSpecials package also has some graphic icons that need to go into the Unreal/System directory. Check the docs to see what parts go where.

If nothing is happening when you try to load the script from the Classes browser, try checking the editor log file ("Window-->Log" I think). If any parts of the script package are missing, the script won't load and you should see a warning there.

[edit] My copy of NBSpecials has a file called NBSpecialsT.utx as well as the NBSpecials.u file. NBSpecialsT.utx needs to go into your Textures directory.