OpenGL problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

willbill

Apr 3, 2001
Visit site
You all rave about how great openGL works and looks, problem is I CANT GET IT TO WORK! I have a PIII 500, 128mb, ATI Radeon 32mb and a 19" IBM digital flat panel. When I run UT (or any game for that matter) in openGL, I get a freeze frame effect (ie. the intro movie in UT plays like 1 frame every 2 seconds).

So I'm stuck playing in D3D.. Question though... when you guys have UT detect your video devices, does openGL come up right away, or is openGL under "other devices"? My openGL comes up under "other devices". Oh and I also run a dual monitor setup on this PC which runs on a Voodoo 3000 PCI...
ANY help is greatly appreciated!

BeerGun

consultant in beerology
Feb 2, 2000
Toronto area
Visit site
Not sure why you're having problems, an ATI user will have to help you there. When UT searches for device drivers, D3D seems to be the default as recommended primary. All the others show up under "other devices". I had to select openGL from there, and it works better that D3D on my geForce card.

willbill

Apr 3, 2001
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.. I forgot to mention that I dont think this is a device driver related problem, as I've tried many different ones with the same result as I described in my above post...

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
If you're having that problem with every video game, I'd have to venture there's some settings wrong with your video card.

UT wouldn't detect the opengl cards in the 400 release, but it did in a patch shortly after. If you're running 432 or 436, then it should show opengl.

Also, are you using the opengl drivers/compressed textures from epic's unreal site?