What to do now!! Please help!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

600 HP

Mar 27, 2001
Visit site
Ever since I have re-formatted and partitioned my hard drive, I have had problems with UT. I did a fresh install of Windows ME, partitioned my drive, and now I get nothing but General protection errors when playing online. After 5-10 min, it will quickly kick me back into Windows with the GP error. I cant figure out what is causing it:
Here is what I know, and what I have tried:

re-installed ME twice and re-formatted
re-installed UT twice
Tried 6 different Nvidia drivers Detonator 3 and 4 series
2 differnt sound cards and drivers
Updated BIOS and VIA chipset drivers

I had been running UT with Windows ME for quite some time with 98 SE with Windows ME Upgrade............ran great. THen I decide to re-format and partition my drives, and now nothing but problems.
Here is my system:
Athlon T-bird 1 ghz
Asus A7V KT 133
Geforce 2 GTS 64 MB
Quantum Fireball 7200 RPM 30 GB HD
256 MB Ram
Windows ME

CPU temp 46 degrees celcius under load
Have also tried different CPU speeds and Bus speeds, no change.
Could this just be an ME problem???
Should I upgrade to WIndows 2000

Please give some suggetions to try!!!
I am at the end of my Rope!!

Thanks

600 HP

Sir Robin

Utter st00b
Sep 4, 2000
Visit site
I might be able to help, but it might take a while to figure out. You can catch me on ICQ-78878605, or you might find me in IRC enterthegame.com #clanks

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
Instead of upgrading to Win2000, go back to 98SE. ME can me fidgety.....

Do you have any mods installed? They can cause problems like this.