UT Probs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MilitantPoet

Jan 31, 2000
Visit site
I can not get UT to run on my system. It will sit at the UT Load Screen, then system freezes. I have tried installing/uninstalling UT numerous times. Tried on a fresh install of Win98SE.
My System...
PIII 700 OClocked to 840Mhz, (I have tried installing and running at default 700Mhz.)
SoundBlaster Live... Liveware 3.0
V3 3000 w/ latest drivers as of 1/31
Abit BE6 2.0 w/ Abit HotRod dma66 controller.
Primary IDE Disabled, running UDMA Mode 4 /66

UT works fine on my other systems, but not my main system. I have tried a different Abit BE6 2.0, and still get the same results. I have Copied CD over to Hard Drive, and installed from there, I even took a working UT Directory from my second system, and placed it over the UT directory on my main system. I have tried DX 7.0 and 7.0A... I do not know what else to do.... I am curious if anyone else is seeing a similar problem, and also wondering if any of you with the same motherboard and running UDMA 66, with the newest HotRod 66 drivers installed, are able to run UT..

MilitantPoet

Jan 31, 2000
Visit site
I also am running 256mb Enhanced HSDRAM. As I said, my system is overclocked, but i have tried installing and running at the default speed, and still get same problem.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Try turning off Hardware 3D sound. Causes problems for lots of folk.

bullet2.gif

Yeah, they come to snuff the Rooster...
nguid:167703

MilitantPoet

Jan 31, 2000
Visit site
I can not even get far enough to do that. I can not get into the game at all, regular or even in safe mode. I have not even gotten far enough to select a Video Card.