Performance woes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[TC]GunSlinger

Jan 30, 2000
Perth, WA, Australia
Visit site
Hey there fellow UT'rs,

Here are my system specs:
cel466 (not o/c'd)
v3-2000 (o/c'd to 3000 speed @ 170MHz)
128MB RAM
SB PCI64 sound card
AI6NE LX motherboard

Now according to what I've read I should be able to run UT at max detail, resolution of 1024x768 nice and smoothly. Unfortunately, this isn't the case. When I get into a firefight with more than 2 ppl the game chugs - so DM is ok but CTF is unplayable. I'm running at 1024x768, with EAX 3D sound, with all details at max, using Glide drivers. My Voodoo3 is using the december release drivers (not the very latest ones). I've gone into the advanced preferences area and tweaked a few of the settings, but they really make the game look nowhere near as nice. What could the problem be? Other than the V3, I have the latest drivers for all my equipment. Has anyone noticed a performance increase with the new V3 drivers? As it is, Q3A actually runs a lot smoother when there is a lot going on...which is kinda weird coz I'd heard Q3A was a lot more taxing on your system. So obviously something isn't right with my setup of UT....