screenshots in ut very dark ...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

]LoL[malkovich|mOO

laughing out loud !
Jan 24, 2001
Boston MA
Visit site
hellooooo ... well the subject says it all really , whenever i take screenshots in UT they are very dark , much much darker than the game looks while playing it , and so dark that they are basically garbagio ... anything i can do ? running a voodoo3 3000 in glide ... i dont really want to bump up the in-game brightness level just to make the ss's usable because the in-game look is just right as it is ... and i have used photoshop to brighten them up but it really doesnt look the same ... thanx for any help ... shirk ...

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
i'm afraid you'll just have to brighten your screenies up in Photoshop. about them "not looking the same", i don't see a difference. if you adjust brightness as well as contrast you can get a pretty clear picture. and it's not as if you're going to make big posters of your screenies are you? :)

]LoL[malkovich|mOO

laughing out loud !
Jan 24, 2001
Boston MA
Visit site
hmmm if only i could post a before screenshot hehe ...

hehe , i wish i could show you the difference , in game i have things brighter than most people probably - everything is very visible ... but the screenies are VERY dark , unusable bascially ... correct me if im wrong bones but dont the 3dfx tools just brighten up the in-game view ? ... thanx for replying ... shirk ... dumb question of the day maybe but :) --> is there another screen shot utility i could use that would give me a more accurate representation of what i actually see in-game so that i could show the difference ? :)

Kray

Time chaser
Sep 17, 2000
Fool's Paradise
utgallery.tripod.com
no need to change the in-game brightness...

The screenshots from F9 ARE dark, regardless of your hardware. You have to use an image editor like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop and increase its gamma correction to about 1.9.

If you increase the brightness or luminence or any other attribute using image editor software, then the screenshots would look different.

Hope this helps.

ION_Ace

Assault player
Dec 26, 2000
Behind you
www.clan-ion.com
I use paintshop pro myself and just hit shift+b it saves ur last adjustment so if u only use it to brighten ut pics it's very quick. But if I wanna edit it some more i use photoshop(which takes ages to load)

coZ

Mar 10, 2001
Australia
Visit site
hey shirker|MyU if you go into PhotoShop5
you can edit the overall quallity by going into
IMAGE-
ADJUST-
AUTO LEVELS << (SHIFT,CTRL,L)

THAT SHOULD GIVE IT A STUNNING LOOK TO IT
HOPE IT HELPS YOUR PROB......:)