People is so confused

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ferd

«]§ß[»
Dec 21, 2000
Argentina
Visit site
The other day i went to a LAN Games house, called Battleland.... i was so happy, 40 computers prepared for games, all with 128mb, PIII 800, NVidia cards etc... optical mouses... a perfect hardware for gaming.
It was full of people, I said to myself "whatta great afternoon i´m gonna have... playing UT till dead, with a ping of 30ms and against 30 people"
It was going to be a perfect day.... until i noticed something was very wrong.
Every single damn person was playing........ Counter Strike. :(

I was shocked... but i couldn´t do a thing about it. So i sitted there... started a server... and wait, we were only 2 persons. My gf and I !!! No one was playing UT... I asked some of those guys why they played CS, and they said "Cos it´s a real life MOD".... i almost laughed at them... but it was better i shouldn´t... so i didn´t.

The people is so confused here in Argentina.... I think i´m gonna make an UT site for here, they really need to know what UT can give them if it´s about realism. (The latest INF is incredible... and then SF and Tac Ops... all way better than CS if you´re looking for a "Real life MOD")
:(

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Sad, but true . . .

It's not even a particular "problem" of your part of the world. In fact, a quick look at Gamespy's Top Games by Players page shows that literally ten times as many people are playing on Half Life servers than on UnrealTournament. And I believe we can all agree this is pretty much due to CounterStrike.

Mind you, I can't exactly blame them. If you want to play online, you have to play with others, and that means that people tend to flock to where and what others are playing.

Additionally, UT has had a hard time breaking into the competition arena, as most events are still based around Quake.

Ah well ... I would have played you.

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
Dinae Mensa, Tharsis Regio
namu.free.fr
I had the same problem at last LAnparty: 18 comps hooked together, 18 people playing...
17 PCs playing CS and one poor Mac (me) playing UT :( (no CS for the Mac)
Fortunately the guy organizing the LAN party also liked UT, so at one time he stopped CS and everyone went on a dozen UT matches :) Total time on CS: 10 hours, total time on UT : 1hour. So the "ten times more CS than UT" rule is true.

XxBonesxX

banned
Dec 19, 1999
A grave Yard!
Visit site
I like half-life for the TFC ,but I did not find their CS to my liking it was boring! If I had walked into a Lan party and thats all they had, I would have walked right back out ! UT rules! Guys I hope you get more UT supporters where your at if I was able to afford it I would hook up with you in a Lan party for sure :)