Umods don't work

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Johnny X

Trainee
Feb 9, 2001
unrealestate.cjb.com
I have several umods I want to install, but my computer won't recognize them as a umod. (they seem to have the same icon as a .txt file). What do I do to make UT install the umods?

Thanks

Viking1

Highly Unstable
Aug 12, 2000
Winnipeg
www.cainsunited.net
Create a new file called umod.reg and copy and paste the following into it

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.umod]
@="Unreal.Module"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unreal.Module]
@="Unreal Module"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unreal.Module\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\UnrealTournament\\Help\\Unreal.ico"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unreal.Module\Shell]
@="open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unreal.Module\Shell\open]
@="&Install this Unreal module"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unreal.Module\Shell\open\command]
@="C:\\UnrealTournament\\System\\Setup.exe install \"%1\""

Then doubleclick to install. Restart,done.

Viking1

Highly Unstable
Aug 12, 2000
Winnipeg
www.cainsunited.net
Right click on your desktop and select New>Text Document

Then type umod.reg into the document name

Right click on the new reg file and select edit

Then copy and paste everything including REGEDIT 4 into the file.

fuzzman

Apr 30, 2000
Elmira,NY,USA
Visit site
UMOD Association

ok heres what you need do..i just did it..easy.
1.goto View,Folder options,File Types
2.Select "NEW TYPE"
3.in "DESCRIPTION OF TYPE"..type in "UMOD"
4.now click the "EDIT Button"
5.In the ACTION window type INSTALL
6.in the App. used to perform action window..type in, C:\unrealtournament\system\setup.exe install %1
7. you may not need the %1..it won't hurt if its there.
8. change your icon..its in the unrealtournament\help folder..also in #6 above you will need to tell where your folder is located if its not in C:\.

i just did this and it works..so good luck!!!

Nov 25, 2000
Johnny X, are you using a Macintosh or PC? You aren't following these other guys so I'm guessing you're using a Mac, so here's what you do:

Open up StuffIt Expander and go to File, then Preferences. Select Cross-Platform and click the button that is labeled "Never". Click OK and unzip the UMOD you want again. The UMOD should work now.

fuzzman

Apr 30, 2000
Elmira,NY,USA
Visit site
UMOD Association

o by the way Johhnt x, the instructions i gave are for a PC and not a MAC..also in order to see the view tab you must open your c drive first...hope this helped

Kieran Halcyon

Mar 26, 2001
windows millenium view options

1.goto View,Folder options,File Types

I am using Windows Millenium And there is no such option when you go into view, you do mean in the menu bar dont you

Thanks

fuzzman

Apr 30, 2000
Elmira,NY,USA
Visit site
UMODS Assoc.

yes..if you goto my computer..double click your c:\..drive..at the top..File..Edit...View..Favorites.....under view is folder options..i'm using W98 Second edition not sure about Millenium..took it out had toooo many problems , bugs..but i did like it other than that..also its slower than 2nd edition..sorry got off the track. Hope this helps.

Viking1

Highly Unstable
Aug 12, 2000
Winnipeg
www.cainsunited.net
The reason the reg file doesn't work on your system is that you have to go into folder options and uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types" then you will be able to rename the file properly.

You could also make the file in Notepad then save as All files then name it "umod.reg" with the quotes.