I won my first online game!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
:D:D:D

That's right, I won my first online game! I can't believe it either :D

Kudos to Fallen for an awesome game. He put up a good fight (this is against me, remember) and we HAVE to do that again some time. 6-4 for me. Close game!

Easily best game I ever played.

Hehehe I won :D

(I'd upload a screenshot but for some reason the forums won't let me upload any image created in Ulead PhotoImpact. I do have a screenie and if you want proof I will zip it and put it up. Hopefully that'll work. If it doesn't, I'll send it through email or Tracer DCC.)

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Kilham: sure. Deck 1v1, you, me, plenty of death.. (probably mine :D)

It wasn't a cakewalk but I did get a spree. Of course in the last three minutes Fallen got three of his own. He has a Flak Cannon and I couldn't do anything about it... :)

Bishop you can just shut it ;) it was on a pub server.. one of the "me too" servers, like it wasn't a big well known one like the Roost (sorry to see it go) the Pukestain or what have you....

I've uploaded a zipped pic here, or at least I tried. I hope it works. [edit] yes it worked :D so now there is a shot of my hard-earned win... Fallen was a good opponent for me.[/edit]

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
389 Ping? That's even worse than me, is there nothing you can do to reduce it?. What kind of modem do you have - or is it just the quality of the phone lines round there.
I'd be happy to play, deck 16, no powerups next time i see you in IRC (maybe tonight) :).

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Kilham: nope, it's my shitty connection. Not a damn thing I can do about it, besides, get a better system. That might help by like 50 ping, not a whole lot. I have a 56K modem, HP56 Micromodem. It sucks ass but if I could upgrade I would have by now.

Wow, people actually downloaded my pic. Makes me feel good :D

OsO, I'll play you too, prolly get whooped on but hey, who cares :D

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
I'm not really very good wither plus my ping is about the same as yours...tho I have a much better modem my connection sucks.
Get rid of the HSP and get a ISA modem if you wanna stick to dial up..those work much better:)
I'll probably see ya online one of these days and we can duel then:)

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
try this one...

Diamond SupraExpress PRO is the best gaming modem around, and I've heard good things about some of the high-end 3Com modems as well. When LK upgraded our modem to the Diamond, our pings went from 400+ to 150.

Also, bitch at your teleco and get them to increase the gain on your line. This can help to drag the last little bits of speed out of it.

flare

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Visit site
congratz! I remember the first time winning a CTF game, I brought the flag back to base 4 times! :)
was a lot of fun for me, and my team of course :D