Feigning Death Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Scytox

Mar 8, 2001
Connecticut
Visit site
How come when I feign death in one player mode the enemy bots still see and shoot at me? My screen lowers and my weapon is put away when I feign, so its not like nothing is happening... Do I need to look at the floor like a real corpse or something? Or does feigning only really work in multiplayer?

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
Because BOTS cheat... Actually most experienced players wont fall for it either. When you feign death, and somebody puts their crosshair on you.. Your nick will show up. Also, it's not a good idea to feign death when u have the flag.

Have you ever notice that when playing BOTS, and you have the flag. They find you right away... answer... BOTS cheat... they also spawn snipe... bastards...

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
I find that the best way to feign death is to really look dead. What I do is load up about 6 or 7 rockets aim at the floor and let 'em rip! :D

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Grap the goo gun. Load it up to max. Holding the trigger down, feign death. When that player or bot comes by to finish you off, give him/her a big surprise by aiming at them and releasing the held down goo button. You might blow up yourself, but it's funny as hell! ;)

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Oh and if you feign death online please do not do it right in front of the player about to blow you away at point blank range. You have no idea how many people I see doing that:D

G

oh i LOVE that idea Kokensu!!! Defiantly going to have to try that! =]

Probotector

über f00l
Mar 6, 2001
Sweden, m00!
proboserv.mine.nu
yeah bots cheat! :D

have you noticed that sometimes you can just strole into the enemies base without getting hit too many times and then the nano-second you touch the flag you got 5 incoming rockets a bunch of airborne goop and a shock ball rite in your face! it's like the bots jump up 5 skill levels when you steal their flag, those damn cheaters.

We need to do something about this bot-cheating problem before it gets out of hand!

Xhalted1

Skilled
Dec 20, 2000
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Loque - Nuff said!

Fein Death only works on a Demo servers :)

I feel that feining death was implemented wrong in the first place. If I fein death in front of someone who is shooting me it "should" give him a "false" message that he was successful in his doing so. Also some fake blood around my corpse would help.

One other thing while I'm at it: If you frag a dead body, (I do all the time) that is not feining death, then you should loss a "token" amount of health. Say around 5-10 points. That way a "fein" would be a little more likely to be of "any use at all." Instead of the worthless POS that it is today :)

Just some thoughts from a guy bored at work.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
1. It wouldn't be realistic to have blood pop out of nowhere when you feign, unless you slit your own wrist first or something. I usually feign death IN someoneELSE's bloody area to make it look more realistic.

2. I think feigning death should be faster. If you fall down in front of someone using the feign key you go down so SLOW that it does LOOK FAKE. If you fell down the same way you do when you REALLY DO die it might be more convincing.

3. Why on earth should I lose health for blowing up dead bodies?

4. Loque - hehe I was gonna say the same thing about that aimbot. ;)

Probotector

über f00l
Mar 6, 2001
Sweden, m00!
proboserv.mine.nu
1. It wouldn't be realistic to have blood pop out of nowhere when you feign, unless you slit your own wrist first or something. I usually feign death IN someoneELSE's bloody area to make it look more realistic.

Realistic? And you think UT itself is realistic?

I think it would be cool what Xhalted1 says, with fake blood & a message to the hunter. but it would probably be hard to implement, how will the computer tell who is hunting you?

Xhalted1

Skilled
Dec 20, 2000
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
The program can tell who is shooting you. It has to in order for them to get credit for your demise.

Kokensu - Do you think they really kill the actors in the movies? ;) That blood is fake from things called squibs. Same concept of what I was talking about. Also, without taking damage then there is no reason for the killer not to frag your body for the Hell of it. Think of it as a morality tax on the fraggers soul. Like I said, otherwise it is a totally pointless feature of the game. Also a tax for fragging a corpse will lead to less SPAM which would be great.

PS. Of coarse I don't think, you think, they kill the actors in the movies. It is just to show a way where it can be more realist :)

El_Scorcho

Mar 9, 2001
Visit site
I have a key bound too feign death and toss my weapon at the same time, that way it looks more like I actually died. I still don't even use it though.

Sir PotLuck=UTK=

Jan 10, 2001
Visit site
DeathMatch:

Feigning death can be used to take a break, like, answering the phone, IF you're on a server with courteous clientele knowing what feigning death is for.

Which brings up another thing I saw happen on a server recently. One player, the loud mouth of the server, (there's always one) typed, "Don't shoot me, answering the phone" while sitting on the shield belt in Zeto. Sheesh!

If you're going to feign death to readjust your chair or something go somewhere out of the way and nowhere near a powerup. :)

cryco

Quasi-Genius
Nov 23, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
Ever notice how bots aim so much better when you have the flag? All of a sudden, they'll pick off a jump/dodge in mid air from 3 different direction. 100% cheaters...
Oh, and by the way, UT=frag opponents. Feign death=easy kill.
Anywhere I see feign death, i frag, only type-killing I avoid.
Funny, though, once I type killed someone on Roost, but it was someone familiar, can't remember who, and I got a "hey, cryco, c'mon".
My response: "Well, you're 5 feet from my flag, at least chat in your base".

"All your feign deaths are belong to us"

Xhalted1

Skilled
Dec 20, 2000
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Yep Probotector you did say that and I read it and everything to. But when I first started posting here I would post alot of things that were "ignored" maybe it's because I was new. Or maybe I was just paranoid.

At the moment though feining death is useless, with bots especially :) <--- Need to stay on topic :)