How long until Skumboy's Computer...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BishopASJ

Before the "consoles", there was Atari
Aug 23, 2000
Buffalo, New York
Visit site
It's been at least two weeks since I last heard Skumboy bitching about his computer or it's eternally horrifying experiences.

I'm thinking it's about time something completely explodes on his machine, but I'm not sure as to what.

Please feel free to post your thoughts, or even your predictions. When it comes time to something breaking, I'm sure I'll think of something to give to the winning suggestion!

The Destroyer of Computers will strike again...

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Hmm...let's see. I would guess the sound card would be next, but since you normally don't overclock a SC, it may still survive. However, you can tweak and touch the damn thing, so it does have a good chance of blowing.

My guess...hell, why not...the sound card is the next victim:).

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
Just remember that computers have to give an average level of trouble all the time. The longer they work without blowing up, the worse it will be when they do. Be happy if your computer breaks every week, as it gives it a chance to release that built-up unreliability safely. After 2 weeks, i'd go for a dead HD. How long since he made a backup?.

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
Dinae Mensa, Tharsis Regio
namu.free.fr
Hmmmm since UT draws a lot of processing power from your Video card, i'd say it will be the next victim, but ... just every bit of info has to go through the motherboard, and it is highly vulnerable to heat.
So here's my guess: his motherboard.

[Ci]Mazza

Trigger Me Baby!
Mar 5, 2000
England
Visit site
na, his mobo and graffix card have both copped for it already :) I reckon it'll be his modem, plenty of ways to fiddle about with that ;)

The PC God of Armageddon will strike again :)

BishopASJ

Before the "consoles", there was Atari
Aug 23, 2000
Buffalo, New York
Visit site
I can't play UT here at work until after 8pm. I've got nothing to do until then, so I might as well post on the f0's. I can't even get to IRC...

My vote is actually for his CD-ROM drive. He spends so much time reinstalling drivers and whatnot, it's bound to have a heart attack and die.

Siledre

Scorpions love marmalade too
Jun 14, 2000
Washington
You can start your computer on fire like I did once when I was building my own for the first time.
I was installing a 50x CDROM and there was this little wire that I figured should get plugged into something, what I didn't know was it was for an led display and I hooked it up to something that was hot. Well the computer started booting up and I felt pride in my work, 3 seconds later the smoke started billowing out in waves. so I kicked the plug out of the wall and put out the small fire which fortunately only cooked that wire.