Ddhelp - Need Help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[K]FlyingMonkey

Aug 23, 2000
Visit site
ddhelp.jpg

Every time I try to start Unreal Tournament after a long period of time, I get this error. I have to reboot my whole machine before I can get the game to start up. For example, I leave my computer on over night, and in the morning this comes up. I tried reinstalling UT - I even went as far as reinstalling Windows and NOTHING helps. It looks as if the error is a result of my video card - if that's the case, I have a Prophet II GTS 64 Meg, with the drivers that came on the CD with the card.

This did not happen with my old TNT2 M64.

If it is a driver problem, what should I get/do? Before I reinstalled Windows, I tried every videocard drive I could find and I'd still get this.

Help? :(

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
This is definatley a Windows and not a UT problem!

Instead of the driver that came with the grapics board you should try the Detonator 6.47 from Nvidia

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
ddhelp is a directx file.I had the same problem.There is a small utility out there that will uninstall directx.Go to http://www.google.com or something,and search for directx uninstall,you will find it.
Then re-install dx 8.0.Remember if you are on win 98a or win98 se,if you try and put in an older version of dx (6.0 or earlier) you will also need to reinstall the OS.