Crackly sound problems....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SERIAL_KILLER

Dec 16, 2000
Visit site
I have a Duron 766 with 128 ram 2 X voodoo2's and an sb PCI 128 sound card with the ltest drivers. After two loading screens on UT my sound goes crackly......the same thing happens on Deus Ex. Anyone know any fixes or have any help? Plz im beggin yas...
Thanx in Adv.
SK

Taker

UT Junkie
Originally posted by SERIAL_KILLER
I have a Duron 766 with 128 ram 2 X voodoo2's and an sb PCI 128 sound card with the ltest drivers. After two loading screens on UT my sound goes crackly......the same thing happens on Deus Ex. Anyone know any fixes or have any help? Plz im beggin yas...
Thanx in Adv.
SK

Try moving your sound card to a different slot.
Make sure it's seated properly.
Click on this link for more info:

http://www.ina-support.com/faq/ut_pc.asp

Crager

Ahh...just a player here
Apr 30, 2000
NY
www.teamimmortal.org
Did you check the SB site for updated drivers. I recently installed new drivers for my sb live value card from the pc site and my sound was messed up. I went out to the sb site and picked up the latest drivers and it fixed my problem.

Aug 7, 2000
Did you install a network card or something else recently? When there's an IRQ conflict usually the sound card goes cracking.

I used to have this problem too on another computer also having a SB128.....but that was another problem......it had something to do with turning 'full duplex' and some other options on or off...........but I can't remember where I changed these settings.............

-Revenant

SERIAL_KILLER

Dec 16, 2000
Visit site
Yeah its wierd tho because it doesnt mess up on any other games only unreal engine games thats why i think the pci slot doesnt matter. I cant change my video drivers because I need special ones just to get a duron working with voodoo 2 cards. I have the PCI 128 digital and I suspect that it is quite different to to and SB live. I tried turning off all of the sound options last night but I had no luck. Plz if anyone knows any fix for this post it.