Problem Installing Patch 224v

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraisa

Dec 5, 2000
Southern California
Visit site
Ok I wanted to try Smirftsch's OpenGL driver, but I get the following error when it finishes unpacking:

Can't find module C:\Documents

History:USetupDefinition::Init<-WFilerWizard<-Setup

Does anyone have any idea what this means? I'm running Unreal on a Windows 2K machine with a PIII 500 and a Hercules 16MB TNT OpenGL card. I had Unreal installed before with the 226 patch and it worked fine, except as my previous post stated everything was too dark. I wanted to try Smirftsch's OpenGL driver out but my understanding was it only works with the 224v patch.

I uninstalled Unreal, reinstalled and tried to apply the 224v patch and this is when I got the message. I also got it before uninstalling when I had the 226 patch installed. I didn't know if it would overwrite everything or not but thought I'd try first.

Oh well. Going back to the 226 patch for now. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks,

Smirftsch

May 9, 2000
www.oldunreal.com
yes, it only works with 224v-
but i don't know what this error means- i tried it with win95, win98 and winme without probs- maybe an error with win2k ?
Will try it if i get the chance for

Kraisa

Dec 5, 2000
Southern California
Visit site
I think it is Win2K

I think it is a W2K issue. That is my best guess. I'm going to try running it on ME soon and will let you know the exact version of my card and fps and all that good stuff if it works. I think the 224v patch came out long before W2K so it probably just doesn't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.