Dedicated server problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hepethimus

Oct 16, 2000
Cleveland, OH
www.brainflush.com
When I start up a dedicated server with the "ucc server" command line, the game is joinable, but completely unplayable. I am not running any mods. It will do it even on a vanilla 400 install. Players are able to join but can not move or shoot. The game even takes a long time to start. It will sit on the "waiting for players" screen. Even the bots can not move. I can run the same config file and an unmodified config with a listen server on the same laptop without a problem. I can fill it up with 16 bot and 4 players and not experience any problems. Also, I have copied the configs to a desktop computer and it is playable as a dedicated server without problems.

The computer I am using is a Toshiba Tecra 8100 laptop. It has 128 megs of ram and a p3 500. (plenty, I would hope!) I have tried 2 different NICs in it with no results. both are made by Xircom.

I don't know if it is a computer problem or a NIC problem. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm having a lan party this weekend and would prefer to run it dedicated!

Thanks!
dave

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
If it is the server-only version, I would reccommend uninstalling it and installing the full CD Version and patching to 436, but that's just me. Whenever I ran the server-only version of UT and connected to it with a client that had the extra textures installed, I couldn't move (i dunno if the textures were the problem) and there was a lot of skating goin gon.