UT not starting for me....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Ok, heres the problem. I just bought the "Game of the year" edition. I installed it, everythings fine. BUT when I go to start the game i get nothing. All i see is the splash screen and then nothing...I had to press alt+ctrl+del and it says Unreal Tournament is not responding. Anyone else had this problem. I originally had the virtual memory problem, but i solved that. I run many other games with no problems, but cant figure this one out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my system specs:
Win 98
533Mhz Celeron
160 RAM
Virtual Memory set to 500MB
Voodoo3 3000 PCI

Taker

UT Junkie
I just had that problem on my friends system and got it to work.We tried everything from copy the disk to the hard drive to making sure the Voodoo 3 drives were current.Nothing but changing monitor from Default to PLUG n Play.UT loads fine now.It worked for us.
Go to control panel,display.settings,Advanced and click on the monitor tab.Select change mointor type and change it to plug n play.
I hope it works for you.
Taker

Survey_Says

Anonymous-Like
Oct 30, 2000
Chicago, IL
Can you get the game to start up in safe mode? You prolly already tried this, but just in case. Your system specs look fine... what drivers you running with your voodoo3? You are using glide i take it?

{AoD}SNiPER

Sep 17, 2000
Visit site
OK, what MOBO do you have, and is that Win98 or Win98SE, and do you have 128mb and 32mb of RAM if so try removing the 32mb I know it sounds stupid and your downgrading but it might work. Now this Vmem problem you had what was it and did you set it to 256 minimum and 256 maximum, if not what do you have it set to. I can't think why you would have that prob in the first place, just out of curiosity what kind of HD do you have (how many RPM)?