mouse refresh rate in UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

stefan

May 24, 2000
Visit site
Recently I installed PS2 rate adjuster plus, which bumps up the refresh rate of the mouse in windows from 40 to 100/200 Mhz. This gave smoother action in win98, i haven't seen any differences in UT. I still think that the mousemovemetts are too jerky, even with msmoothing etc on.
Anybody got an idea for smoother mousemovement?

Boogey

Talvin Singh fanboy
Aug 31, 2000
Visit site
well, the refresh of the UT GUI mouse pointer IS very slow, but ingame you WILL notice a BIG difference going from 40 to 100/200 using ps2rate... however, if your machine isn't capable of dishing out more than 30 frames per second, it's pretty pointless sampling the mouse 200 times - it won't get any smoother...

Survey_Says

Anonymous-Like
Oct 30, 2000
Chicago, IL
I always wondered about this sampling rate for PS2 mice. I have a fancy MS mouse with 5 buttons and intellieye. I connect it to my pc through USB instead of PS2. If I made it a PS2 mouse and installed this sampling adjustment program, would I notice any difference?

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
USB mouse question....

how do you stop windows from freezing during loadup? I have the Intellieye Optical connected at the USB port (which gives a better refresh rate @ 120Mhz or so), but I also need to have a PS/2 mouse connected during loadup to stop the freezing as mentioned.

btw, I have the PS/2 port disabled within Win98SE.

Am I missing something fundamental here?