Unabel to change view - forced spectator HELP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Phil McKraken

Oct 15, 2000
RI,USA
Visit site
For some reason recently when i try and join a game one of two things happen.

1) I get into the game, but I am lock in a view mode viewing from a single person (usually someone who is on the same team as I). I am not hitting an LMS game either.. for those of you thinking "what an idiot" ;. Also, when I hit F1, my naem s listed as an active player. ?????

2) I get into the game and everything seems ok. But I do notice that as soon as I get in a message pops up in the caht area that says "unable to change view". So it tries to shove me into pseudo-spectator mode but fails to.

Anyone here of this before?

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Sounds to me like you got something screwed up in the keybinds maybe?!?

Did you re-set your number pad keys in your keybindings? If you haven't clicked on the "spectator" box in your player setup, then maybe you need to set a keybind that'll return you to your own view. I'm at work and don't have UT in front of me or I'd tell you the command... You should be able to find it though. It'll be a default to the number keypads. Maybe if you set it up as a hotkey, you can just hit it and be on your way.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
I had that problems earlier. I think that if you hit F5 you can changed view.
I'm not sure why that happend to me, but I think the reason was that I had a card reader and it was connected to my key board, it got the power from there.
I don't use that reader any more and don't have that problem.