PLEASE HELP!! 432 not happening . . .

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[dUSt]

Oct 27, 2000
Visit site
I just cannot get the 432 patch to install. I keep getting the following message:

"The expected version of UnrealTournament file system\botpack.u was not found on the CD-ROM drive. Please verify that the proper CD is in the drive."

I've seen the info on disabling DMA and such. I've tried disabling DMA for both my CD-ROM drives and hard drives. I've even done a clean install of Win2k! I've also copied the whole CD to my hard drive and ran the installation, then tried patching - still no luck! I've installed and uninstalled and reinstalled several times!

My Unreal Tournament CD (v.428) came with my Soundblaster Live. I've even called Creative tech support and they said that the only difference are the added EAX crap. According to them it should patch ok. I've even email Epic but have gotten no response.

Here are my system specs:

Abit BH6 Mobo
Intel Celeron 466
128 MB RAM
Creative GeForce 256 DDR
Sound Blaster Live
Creative DVD-ROM drive (12x)(IDE 2 Master)
Dxr3 DVD Decoder
HP CD Writer Plus 8200i (IDE 2 Slave)
3Com 10/100 lan card (Cable modem...)
Quantem 10GB hard drive (IDE 1 Master)
IBM 8GB hard drive (IDE 1 Slave)

Anybody else have'n a problem like this? Anybody have some suggestions?

Thanx,
[dUSt]

Nevar

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
damn you tried it all... comfort... Did you try installing
from the cd writer or dvd drive? Might try switching to the other for install.. scanned and defragged when copied to disk?

[dUSt]

Oct 27, 2000
Visit site
Yeah, I've tried installing from both CD-RW drive and DVD drive... I've also done scandisk and defrag...

<sigh> As a matter of fact, I just spent some time installing Windows ME to try it in that OS and still no luck . . . I'm starting to think Creative Labs if full of crap when they told me that their version is "compatible" with Epics . . .

Thanks for the suggestions.

[dUSt]

Corny

Oct 22, 2000
Visit site
You know anyone with a copy of UT? It seems to me that you bought it, so you should be able to get a copy from a friend. And since there is no cd check anymore... just borrow there disc, install it, patch it and you are set :)

[dUSt]

Oct 27, 2000
Visit site
Sounds like a darn good idea to me!

Now if could just find someone that I know who has a copy of UT . . .

I may just start pestering Creative Labs customer service, and see what (if anything) comes of that.

If all else fails, I'll just wait until Game of the Year edition comes out and snag a copy of it.

[dUSt]

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
This is a long shot but try patching to 428 and see if it works even though you already have 428, if it does then go to the system folder and copy the botpack.u file and then copy your CD to your harddrive and replace its Botpack.u file to that system folder and try to patch from there. Worth a shot.

GrayWolf

Apr 17, 2000
West Lafayette, IN USA
Visit site
This is an old topic.. but..

I found the following information for anyone who is having problems with patching their copy of UT. This is taken straight from http://unreal.epicgames.com/utbugs.htm

Problems patching Unreal Tournament

Some users have reported getting the following error when trying to apply a patch to Unreal Tournament: "The file system\botpack.u from the CD-ROM is not the expected version. Therefore, Unreal Tournament can't be patched." This is may be due to some bad memory in your system (we've seen this to be the cause in several cases). Building a patched version of botpack uses a lot of system memory and is very sensitive to any memory errors. Its also possible that the patcher is having problems reading files off the game CD. If so, download the "no delta" version of the patch, which should fix this problem. You will need the "no delta" version if you are patching the Japanese version of Unreal Tournament, or the 428 version that is bundled with some Creative Labs products.