Unreal and Banshee

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Phoenix

Nov 16, 1999
Visit site
Hello,

I just begin with Unreal.
When I first run Unreal (just after installation), it says that I have a 3Dfx
card and seems to configure the game for it.
But just after, it crashes before the setting
up finished.
Does anyone experienced such a behaviour ?

Thanks,

Phoenix

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
Make sure that you have your windows desktop set to at least 16 bit color and at a resolution >or= to what you are trying to run the game in. You should also download the 225F patch to upgrade the CD version of the game. The patch is available at the unreal.epicgames.com website.
You could try starting Unreal in safe mode and choose the 3dfx driver in the advanced options. Then shut down the game and restart it normally. Of course, you should have all the latest drivers installed for you video card, and at least Directx6.

alien8

Run, you magnificent bastard.
I've got a Banshee on my older computer, and I could be wrong, but I think that when Unreal was released, it had a bug where Voodoo Banshee cards would not work. It was fixed in one of the earlier patches, but the best thing to do would be to go straight to patch 225, which can be found in the downloads section over at http://unreal.epicgames.com

good luck!

bullet2.gif

alien8
PlanetUnreal | ModCentral Unreal

Phoenix

Nov 16, 1999
Visit site
I made sure that I have the latest
driver installed (from Guillemot, I have
a Maxi Gamer Phoenix).
I also see on their web site that they had
tested Unreal with the Patch 2.19 and it
worked.
For the moment, I still did not patch my
version (still CD version).
I can start it in Safe Mode but not in normal
mode :-(
I will try with the patch 225f.

Thanks for your reply HuFlungDung and Alien8.

Phoenix.

Phoenix

Nov 16, 1999
Visit site
Well, I found what was wrong.
Not the drivers but the OS.
I first tried on Win98 french
but my Unreal version is english one.
I retried with Win98 SE and all works fine
if I patched Unreal with the patch225f.

Thanks for your help,

Phoenix.