Slow in 32bit color

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mnfs

Mar 1, 2000
Visit site
Since I got Windows Me, the 6.26 det drivers for my GeForce 2 would make NFS5 lockup, so I switched to the 6.11 drivers to fix that. Anyways, now UT runs extremely slow when a few bots get onscreen (I'm talking 10fps). It didn't used to do this. The game runs fine in 16bit, but 32bit is unbearable. I'm using a Pentium !!! 733mhz, 128mb ram, GeForce 2 32mb, w/ UT patch 420. Is there a patch better than 420? (last I heard there wasn't) And what drivers are best for UT?

Jabberwocky

Dec 5, 1999
Visit site
When you instaled Windows ME did you do a clean install/ or just install it over your old Windows? Are ALL your hardware drivers up to date? As for Geforce2 drivers, there is an OpenGL patch that enables S3TC. I've head it looks pretty good. Just wish I had a geforce2 myself to try it out!

mnfs

Mar 1, 2000
Visit site
Yeah, I re-formatted my hd, reinstalled Win98, and then installed WinMe. After that I installed all my hardware drivers. I even tried the 6.18 drivers. I believe the culprit is either WinMe or the UT patch, but I'll find out...I even reinstalled UT too.

admiral95

Jun 22, 2000
Little Elm, TX, USA
I had the same problem when I upgraded to Win ME, though I had to run my UT in safemode to fix everything. I found out later that ME had already had the updated drivers for my video card (Geforce2 MX), and I kept installing the old ones. I'm not sure though in your case, since you went back to older drivers for NFS5 and it worked. I had to completely take my video card out, and reinstall it to work. Now I'm back to normal, and it seems to run a lot faster than in 98.