UPC Cable SUX !!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
I have and cableconnection from UPC here in amsterdam, and it was once of the Fastest connections here on PuF.
Hence i've been elected here even twice as the one with the fastest connection. Even had Sub 200 Pings on The Roost :)

But in time my connection became slower and slower, in the beginning i tought it was the traffic on the net, and the downside of cable, sharing my lines with more neighbours
Now at the moment i have pings between 48ms to 10.000ms and with 2% to 120% packetloss :eek: (yeah 120% PL, ever seen that before ?? ).
I called my ISP and they can't see anything bad on my lines, so it called again when i was downloading 100MB from a server wich i normally have 250 to 300 KB/s DL on, now only a miserable 1.2 KB, and my ISP seens indeed my cablesignal bouncing.
He suggest that the modem needed to be replaced, (me happy).
But then came the part i was stunned by, "We not going to change you'r defected modem, because we wont change a device of a single helpdesk call, that something is broken, after you called us many times, we replace it"
WTF, so i have to keep calling them, over and over beggin to get my cable fixed, while they admit it its broken :(
Damn that kind of service.
Fortunate for me DSL is available for me as well here since two weeks, and will be installed at my house within three weeks so i cancelled my Cablemodem, and can't play UT for three weeks till i get my DSL.

I hope to be back soon