Rina TNT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Casca

Sep 11, 2000
Visit site
I have a CTX AMD K6 300MHz with 128MB and a Riva TNT 16MB. I am having problems with walls and paths disappearing when I am playing UT. At this point I am running with the 3d drivers with low settings for both skins and textures. Also 16 bit and a resolution of 600x400 but things are still very sketchy. I am falling into a lot of lava because paths just disappear and running into alot of walls because they are not completely rendered. Is there anything else I can do ?

JuiceEggsMcKenna

MC68060/50
Aug 31, 2000
Australia
clivebarker.net
You could try the latest drivers from http://www.nvidia.com

I have just d/led them and I'm about to try them on my AOpen Vanta machine.

Also, you should checkout the card manufacturer's site, they may have new drivers that can help you. In the past I have had more luck with my Asus TNT2 machine using the Asus drivers than the NVidia ones, but YMMV.

Also, what gfx mode are you running UT in? What patch are you using? If it's in Glide or software render mode, your doing it wrong. If it's OpenGL or Direct3D, try the other mode and see if that makes a difference.

WormFood

Sep 4, 2000
UK (pronounced "Yuk")
Visit site
This happened to me the first time I ran UT under my old TNT card - disappearing polygons, transparent walls etc. I just grabbed the latest drivers from the nVidia site and the problem went away.

However, I wouldn't recommend getting the newer Detonators (6.xx) because they're optimised for GeForce2 cards ... I think Det 3.68 worked best for my old TNT card. I had a very similar spec to your own (450MHz, 128Mb) and was getting playable framerates at 800x600 with maximum detail.