To rebuild or not to rebuild, that is the question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yoda

Jedi Master
Mar 25, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
When do you rebuild your map, and when don't you? I know after I place any new Brush, but when else?

After placing items?
After placing Ammo/Weapons/Health?
After NEW PathNodes?
After changeing any Textures?
After have lunch?

Is that your final answer?

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
I only rebuild when 1) I'm going to test the level or, 2) I'm switching between adding & subtracting brushes. I you rebuild after every move, it'll take you forever to finish it. Do a Paths Define before you test your map if you've made pathnode changes, or after tweaking a particular node while debugging the bot network.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
I rebuild every umm... well I'm usually running 2 UED's so I rebuild when I get a brain fart with one level and switch to the other UED or I want to go dinkig around online.

Yoda

Jedi Master
Mar 25, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Thanks, but... Do I HAVE to Rebuild after:

Adding PathNodes?
Adding Items/Weapons/Ammo/Health?
Changing textures?
Adding Sound/Triggers/Start Points (etc...)

I always Rebuild before testing, but would like to skip it if I don't need to after the above actions.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
We just told you that you only HAVE to rebuild before testing the level, or if you need to switch between adding & subtracting a brush, but to answer your question directly:

Adding PathNodes? No
Adding Items/Weapons/Ammo/Health? No
Changing textures? No
Adding Sound/Triggers/Start Points (etc...) No

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Adding, moving, subtracting, prior to intersecting/deintersecting walls: yes but don't be doing this after every move you'll take forever to finish it.