I'm a bully. :(

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zap

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
Jun 4, 2000
Visit site
"WHY ARE U PICKING ON ME???" screamed Wicked_Horse

"I'm not!" I protest to the poor bugger that I somehow keep killing again and again.

CTF Face.

12 Players, Teams evenly matched, and battle is taking place far below me. I'm tucked away in a nice dark corner on the front wall of the enemy base.

Sniper rifle banging away. My 300-400 ping means theres little chance of me hitting anything unless the enemy either stands still long enough, or they run in a straight line in front of me.

I see a lone figure running away from me, towards my base. I fire a single shot...Head Shot...You killed Wicked_Horse.

A few moments later I see another figure. I fire. Another head shot on Wicked_Horse. This happens a couple more times, then I need to go get some ammo.

My Sniper rifle loaded up, I resume my little hiding place, and I see theres a battle going on outside my base. Two blues (enemy) against three reds (my team) ...The reds are getting kicked all over. I fire a load of shots and I manage to hit one. I see them running to get some energy, I fire again. "You killed Wicked_Horse".

It wasn't that this guy was easy to snipe, he hardly stayed still long enough, just it seemed I could always hit him, and judgeing by his score, he clearly wasn't a newbie.

A few more head shots later, and I could tell this guy was getting annoyed. From my little perch I heard some sniper fire near by. I rounded the corner and there was a blue hiding there. He didn't see me coz he must have been zoomed in on my base looking for me. I quickly shot him. "You killed Wicked_Horse."

I got back to my little corner, and a few moments later bullets start smashing into the wall around me. I look down, theres a guy with a sniper rifle firing away. I zoom in and ...."You killed Wicked_Horse" Oh dear.

I change to the other side of the building now that poor Wicked_Horse knows where I am. I fire off the last if my rounds and start to head up to get some ammo. I fire the translocator onto the roof of the base and telefrag Wicked_Horse who must have been looking down trying to see where I was hiding.

Decideing that it wouldn't be safe sniping on the enemy base anymore now that Wicked_Horse seems to be looking for revenge. I decide to grab a rocket launcher.

Just then the enemy gets a hold of our flag. I grab their flag and make my way to the little redeemer room. I pick up the redeemer and wait. The enemy flag carrier comes over the hill. I wait till there in the base and I jump through the portal and fire the redeemer. I blues is standing right in front of me when the redeemer goes off, and I kill myself, and Wicked_Horse.

I decide I should start guarding my own base, since I suck at attack. I grab a launcher, and hide round a corner, peeking round now and then. Eventully a couple blues start running toward the base. I begin building up rockets, and jump out killing one of them. The other jumps past me into the base. I give chase, building up rockets. I cant find the enemy, and my launcher reaches six rockets and fires....just as Wicked_Horse comes round corner.

After that he can't take it anymore and asks why I keep picking on him. Between the abuse he posts, he even begins begging his team mates to come kill me. Now I have a linch mob after me. Theres no way they can win now coz my teams in about 4 caps ahead. And theres only 5 mins left. So they might as well come get me. CTF has now turned into a deathmatch with the blues just trying to kill any red with the a MetalGuard skin, (My skin). I fight them off, but the one I kill the most is poor Wicked_Horse.

I eventully get my first ever online "Venger_Zap is unstoppable!" message. One of the blues kills me and I re-spawn as the finaly 30 secs begin to count down. I spawned next to the Sniper rifle, and I grab it outta habit.

The timer for the game begins to count down the final 10 seconds, and I start to run towards my flag to celebrate the victory and appear in the end shot with the other team mates gathered there.

In the last few seconds, a blue come round the corner with a redeemer. Its clear they intend to kill everything in the room including themselves. I fire one shot. Head Shot. "You killed Wicked_Horse"

On the victory screen the guy was in such a rage he kept spelling his insults wrong.

Today I made someone really, really mad.

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
lol! you're no bully, it was just a case of bad luck on his part. it is not as if you were hunting him down or something like that.

i can imagine how this Wicked_Horse guy must feel tho. it must be really annoying if the same person kills you over and over again. it would be enough to make me slightly paranoid at least. :D however, that doesn't give him the right to insult you.

Zap

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
Jun 4, 2000
Visit site
I really feel sorry for the guy, it was like, I could shoot in the other direction, and still I would hit him. Or I could try to shoot him in the legs, and still I would get a head shot. Poor sod.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
That is funny funny funny!!!
LMAO
Don't worry about it. What does he expect you let him run away and cap the flag because he feels he's getting picked on. Oh and if the enemy team is out to get you consider it a huge compliment. Plus if they're out to get you, your team mates can cap their flag:)

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
lmao

isn't it funny when there seems to be one person you can kill over and over and over and over and they are even good players, i have done that before too, but it is hard with a 500+ ping, i shoot a rocket at an opening, no guys in sight and 5 seconds later my rocket explodes and they guy is dead w/o me even seeing it lol

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Hehe, that was fun reading. Poor Wicked_Horse, that must have been frustrated for him. Now You're on his hitlist.
He will chase You all over the servers or he will avoid You.
You're his destiny :)

Zap

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
Jun 4, 2000
Visit site
I came across Wicked_Horse again this morning. We were on the same team though. But when I came onto the server, he switched to the enemy team. Maybe so he can kill me. :( I didn't stay long enough to let him though.

Tack

Bomb Runner
Aug 26, 2000
Monterey, CA
www.teamut.com
LOL. I had the same situation with a guy playing CTF Facing Gods II.

If oyu've played this map, then you know there are plenty of places to snip from.

We'll, I was sniping as I usually do and he was trying to snipe too (sounds like a Dr. Seuss book). Anyway, I would snipe once, then move to another place, snipe again, move, etc. This guy would go to one spot and sit there and look for me.

Of course I wouldn't be in the same place twice, so he never could find me.

I think all in all, I killed him no less that 30 times. You'd think that he would get tired of getting killed so much, but he was a real trooper and wanted to get hs revenge.

Those guys are the ones that makes it a pleasure playing UT. The more you kill them, the more determined they are to get you back.

Tack