bad ut day

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lunchblaze

Codlike
Jul 31, 2000
East Fort Sp0rkville
hope this isn't considered spam, just wanted to bitch a minute.

anybody have "off days" - like you just play like complete ass? and i'm not talking about you freaks that get pissed if you get killed 3 whole times in a deathmatch instead of your customary 30 frags, 0 deaths - i'm talking about a complete southward migration of your playing skills.

i go on and on about how i suck and all that, and compared to most, i do - but i'll usually be in the top 3 or 4 on a public server dm pretty consistently.

last night, i couldn't do SHAT! i couldn't aim, i couldn't time shots, i couldn't even walk right. hell, i was wondering if i'd even be able to kill myself in an elevator shaft with the redeemer! i got so pissed that i almost stabbed my keyboard with a screwdriver - so i quit and went to bed.

anyway, no moral, just lots of sucking. thanks for reading.

out.

Bozo=MD=

Official BuF-clown
Aug 7, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Yeah, we all have days like that! Don't worry, you'll be King of the Hill next time!

But to keep the moderators happy, let's keep stuff like this in OT, ok? :)

-BHS-Snowdog

Aug 2, 2000
www.wuher.com
I think everybody has on and off days in UT. Some days, it's my aiming skills that go (i.e. can't hit the side of a barn.) Other days, it seems that I can't navigate a map without getting stuck on walls (this is the MOST frustrating thing.) Sometimes it's a mild combination of both, other times I might as well be on Codine.
Just giving up and going to bed is sometimes the only feasible option. Sometimes I'll look for a nice quiet FFA DM server and see if that helps. Usually I just keep playing anyway, while keeping my neighbors posted on my ineptitude.

lunchblaze

Codlike
Jul 31, 2000
East Fort Sp0rkville
ok, first off, i'm not trying to start any trouble. i'm just curious as to how a post about unreal tournament would be "off topic" in an unreal tournament forum?

again, no flames, just clarification would be great.

out.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
This is UT related imo and belongs in this forum.

Here's something you may want to try out when you're having days like that. I've never done it myself, but I've been thinking of doing this for a laugh and aliasing some night in the future.

Download the free UT demo. Find a server and go own a bunch of people who are trying it for their first time. Now, if you can't beat them go right ahead and put your screwdriver to work or pass out. It could be a nice little ego boost and you'll feel better before you crash.

lunchblaze

Codlike
Jul 31, 2000
East Fort Sp0rkville
morety, that's awesome. will certainly have to try it.

actually what i did was load up single player on the easiest level and then proceeded to administer one of the most unmerciful asswhoopins that "blake" has ever been privy to.

i still like the demo idea better though.

out.

Bozo=MD=

Official BuF-clown
Aug 7, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Ok, I apologize. I guess I got a little carried away in my attempts to please the almight Y5...
You guys are right, this thread IS UT related, but it can also be considered OT, since it's pretty much a general question of well being an' how you feel vs how you play an' stuff.
Anyways, didn't mean to be rude or anything. If I hurt anyone, I'm sorry.
Mmm'kay...? :(

Ultron

Robot XMP Beta Tester
Mar 6, 2000
Secret Hideout
clans.utworld.net
Don't install the demo. You're file associations will be messed up, pointing to the demo instead of UT.

I'm having that problem now, because I switched from a regular mouse to a Optical/USB one. I adjusted to that after a lengthy period of time. But now that mouse doesn't work, so I just went back to a regular mouse. I'm disoriented again. The mouse I used to be pretty coordinated, now seems off. The readjustment period begins. :)

Bozo=MD=

Official BuF-clown
Aug 7, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Glad we sorted that one out... <phew>

However, I thought it was supposed to be:
"Nice boys are good for titties."
I could be wrong though...
:D

Lord_Dragon[FB]

that's some cold ****
what is going on...

why is it some people complain that posts should be in OT so much? i've seen several posts (including a post i once put up as a joke and deleted a few hours later) where someone says "that should be in OT, not here."
reading that kind of comment makes me think you take yourselves too seriously. if the moderators don't like it, they of course can move it. i understand this is a pain in the ass for them. that brings up the second idea: ask the person to delete it. if i ever wrote a post that people felt should not be in the UT forum, i'd delete it. i'm sure any puffer out there would if they weren't a llama (and then the llama would probably be kicked anyway).
just wondering...