Newbies...please read!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

coolbrz73

Apr 30, 2000
PA,USA
Ok it seems we get the the newbie questions over and over again. I am not complaining, this is a forum and they are entitled to post whatever they like. But I think if we make a post with frequently asked questions, it might help. This might be a good idea or be bad, I'll let the fellow PuFer's decide!! But I am gonna start anyhow and anyone is free to add something that I forget and maybe we can bump this once in a while. Here goes:
1.Welcome to PuF(PlanetUnreal Forums. This is a community not a clan. You will see some members running around with the PuF tag in their names, that is so fellow pufers will be able to find each other. We usually hang out in irc.gameslink.net
#planetunreal
So stop in there and say hi!! How you say? Start UT and go to multiplayer/find internet game and click on the chat tab. Now I am pretty sure gameslink is the default irc so right below it type in #planetunreal and join the show!!

2.Before asking a question on the forum, I suggest searching it first! Alot of questions have been asked and there are some good answers out there!

3.Want to get rid of that UT intro movie here's what you do:
Go to your UT/system folder/Unrealtournament.ini file
LocalMap=CityIntro.unr
You should change it to:
LocalMap=UT-Logo-Map.unr

4.Wanna play with the Xan skins?
Goto your UT/system folder/user.ini and add the following lines to the bottom
[Botpack.Ladder]
HasBeatenGame=True

Ok Im takin a break and will let others post some stuff here!!

Maze

Apr 26, 2000
Visit site
Not bad, fella, apart from that hint for the Xan skin. Thats just the boss model that they get by editing the ini in that way, the Xan skin has to be d/l and installed I think ;o)
Maze

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
10) Has everyone seen the Planet Unreal pictures, or shall I post them?

Yes, no.

11) Am I Yellow5 when I go on #planetunreal?

No.

12) Can I be a moderator?

No.

13) How many times do I need to post something?

Once.

Ok, these aren't FAQs, but they should be to save us a lot of grief :).

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Cool smileys????

eek2.gif

Ooo I want some cool smileys.

spin2.gif

Where do you get them at?

wink.gif

I mean, smileys are cool!

scatter.gif

If I could find some cool smileys I would be soo happy!

council.gif

I would do almost anything for smileys!

smileysex5.gif

I mean anything!

drool.gif

Well, maybe not anything.

pacscat.gif

Ok, I'll be back later, I have some important reading to catch up on.

readPB.gif

coolbrz73

Apr 30, 2000
PA,USA
Update:

14.Where can I get custom maps?
http://www.planetunreal.com/nalicity/
http://www.fileplanet.com/

15.I got maps, now what?
Most maps come with a read me file, if they do not here is where stuff goes.
The map itself .unr file goes in UT/maps folder
.utx file UT/texture folder
.umx file UT/music folder
.uax file UT/sounds folder.

16.Where do I put skins?
Usually skins will have a readme also, if not there are generally two files associated with skins a .utx file and an .int file.
.utx goes in UT/texture folder
.int goes in UT/system folder

17.If I have a custom skin, will it be seen on servers?
Answer is usually no, unless the server has that skin. You will be given a default skin.

18.You are an idiot, why did you start this post?
Hehe, I just had some free time and wanted to have this up for easy access, as I said earlier, these are alot of the same posts I see week in and week out!

Will post more later, please feel free to add!!!

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
this is a good idea and all, but the only way this will work is if: 1) we keep bumping this thread or 2) we link to this thread (or may I suggest, cleaner's faq :)) when the person goes to register

Maze

Apr 26, 2000
Visit site
Okay, does anyone know how Boom made these bunch of smilies ? Please, I want them....
Thanks,

Maze
PS: Another question (which drives me nuts in my UT club):
I cant install a umod file anymore what can I do ?
Run a registry repair tool (UT Checker in German, does anyone know an English one ????) or catch Maze on the messenger so she'll guide you through the folder options in windows.....DOH !

:biorifle: