What mouse & sensitivity do you use to play UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Entropica{KS}

nepenthe's temporary body
Jul 19, 2000
We've had this thread a few times...

Firewall, it's kind of useless to compare mouse sensitivities, as it totally depends on OS, mouse brand, surface, mouse software, etc.

But here's my story. I have the MS Intellimouse, not the optical one. I run it with PS2Rate jacked all the way up. I use it on a large (surface area) hardcover book with the cover off, which makes movement smooth as silk and doesn't EVER need lint cleaning for some reason. In UT, my mouse sensitivity is 17.00, but in my UT.ini, the Y axis is set lower than the X axis (it's like a 6 to 4 ratio I think), so that it's LESS sensitive up and down than it us left to right.

I challenge anyone to have a better mousing setup than this :)

Entropica{KS}

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I'm not sure what kind of mouse I have, even after looking at it and the box, but I use a sensitivity of 5. How the hell do you guys manage with 7, 8, or even 17!

:biorifle:

{L}OutZ{JEDI}

SSJ Vegeta - like
Jun 4, 2000
jediclan.ipfox.com
silly wabbits

I used to crank up my mouse sens up as I go along (thought it would help), so the better I got i increased it, I went all the way up to 40, with PS2Rate, and my mouse set at 200mhz. But I learned that was a major flaw, and the #1 reason I couldn't hit the shock combo. I turned my sens down to 9.0, so I can still turn fast, but also nail someone with the combo too. I can't stand not being able to turnaround in a second.

So if you have your mouse sens up more than 10 you are never going to get that shock combo down unless your like DA :D

Entropica{KS}

nepenthe's temporary body
Jul 19, 2000
Cleaner, where are you? He always answers these mouse threads.

Anyway, like I JUST said, comparing my mouse sensitivity to yours is absolutely a useless endeavour. My 17 might be your 9. Or someone's 25 might be someone else's 5. It depends on so much more than the setting in UT.

OutZ, my sens is at 17, and I can do all kinds of combos, jumping, moving forward aiming up, strafing, on and on... that just proves my point further... you can't compare these...

Btw, anyone else have their X-axis different than their Y-axis?

Entropica{KS}

shadowclaw

Apr 2, 2000
Mine is set between 3.75 and 6.00.
I have no probs with it only when I go higher, its way 2 fast.

Krypton|BuF

Still g00 gun lovin' !
Sep 7, 1999
Switzerland
www.unrealtournament.ch
Learn to read what others posted before replying!!!!

As several people already said, the actual number in the "mouse sensivity" field of the options is not compareable. Two players with actually the "same" in game sensivity may have some completely different numbers in there. Mine is up to 22, sometimes just 19, but that could be much less sensitive then an other guy's mouse on 3.45.

But, something to compare: I've set it up the way I can do several following 360 degree turns without raising my hand.

TheQat

Dec 1, 1999
Visit site
Subject?

12 flat and a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer (optical for the uninitiated to MS speak).

TheQat
theqat@hotmail.com