How do they do that?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RedBaron

Aug 3, 2000
Texas
Visit site
I've noticed that when playing Eternal Caves that
sometimes a blue opponent will jump down, grab the
flag, and then turn around and jump back out.

I can't find gravity boots anywhere in the level.

Also, in Face I've seen some players throw their
translocators up to the redeemer ledge from the
ramp.

I can't do either of these!

How do they do this??

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
the face thing sounds like the ...shoot that word...you hit you tele disc with the IH and send it flying.

RedBaron

Aug 3, 2000
Texas
Visit site
OshadowO,
I think you mean telepunting.
I've watched my opponents toss the teleporter
on the run and reach the redeemer ledge
with only one teleport. I can only reach
the quad damage ledge this way.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
The first is an IH jump for sure.

For the second, it can't be a single t/l ... it must be a double-t/l. They trow the disk, t/l when it reaches it's apex and instantly throw the disk again in mid-air. You can reach the redeemer ledge this way. If you're really good at it, you can even do a tripplie-t/l and reach the redeemer almost from the megahealth.

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
Hey Cleaner, how does this double t/l thing work? I already tried to do this, but I never got any result. I'm on the floor again before I had the time to altfire a second time. Do you have to use a keybind to do it fast enough so that it works?

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
To get into the redeemer ledge, double TL...as you run towards the base, and near the entrance (but still on the downward slope), jump up and fire the Trans at the redeemer ledge. As it hits it's apex, alt trans, then quickly fire the trans into the room. As you fall (about half way), alt trans, and your in. Easy....but it does take a little practice.

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
Another neat trick

You can telepunt the tl from the top of the red base to the top of the middle. Great sniping postition.

Is there a way to do this from the blue base. I always seem to over/under shoot the middle. I've seen blue guys up there though.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
man, I can't remember which is which, but I can telepunt from the top of one base all the way to the other (I think it's from red to blue), but when I try to go from Blue to red, my telepunt always send the teleporter behind me, then I alt-fire to teleport and I see the rest of the map in the distance, grr.