425 Works For Me!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
I figured I might as well try it...

And guess what: performance hasn't noticeably changed, and all of a sudden, the demo playback works. I tried the HV vs |C| Lava demo (which gave me the "people walking through the ground effect" in 420) and it was normal.

XxBonesxX

banned
Dec 19, 1999
A grave Yard!
Visit site
I saw no big difference in the new patch other then I have to wait for another CD CRACK Damnit! EPIC Give up and that damn cd check havn't you figured it out yet its annoying!

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
It works fine for me too.
One curious thing, sometimes I see player walk in the air, just litle above the ground.

Switch[UF]

Jan 27, 2000
www.unfear.com
425 works great for me too. It obviousl fixes more skin cheats and also improves ping for HPBs. They are somehow prioritized or something. RTFM and you'll see ;)

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Won't work right for me, FPS problem
Example - Flyby intro:

420: 42fps
425: 34fps

I don't know what the problem is, maybe they need to release a better d3d.dll like they did on 413.. Maybe I'll try 425 with my 420 d3d.dll would that work?

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
IIRC, the D3D patch to the patch is an older .dll D3D driver.

Go ahead and pull the D3D .dll from 420, rename 425's to backup, put the other in it's place and see how it does. No harm in trying, and you can simply move to old... er... new... er... other one back...

Maze

Apr 26, 2000
Visit site
Originally posted by SimplyCosmic
http://www.gamecopyworld.com

But you didn't hear that from me...

Oh, and for stuff like this, there's a search feature for the forums. Easier than having to ask the same questions over and over...

"But you didnt hear that from me!" Lol, how cute, its been all over the forum now, but......!
A happy fraggin,

Maze

SimplyCosmic

Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
I said that in a manner of speech known as sarcasm because such cracks are in fact illegal in the United States under the DMCA. However, Epic hasn't really been coming down on anyone, so it's kind of a big inside joke.

You know, "We're not supposed to know how to do this, but this is how... An official site like this isn't allowed to pass such information on, but here it is anyways..."

Rooster and the other moderators would be well within their legal rights and responsibilities to pull every last one of those posts and boot all of us off...

Just ask Boom, he's one of those legal types now...

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
I didn't noticed anything after installing the patch. Except for the (Bullsh*t (yes, uppercase B) ) editor. Finally managed to get win 98 back (I had win 2000 before). Opened up the editor and fortunatly discovered the camera worked (didn't work when I had win 2000). Then I downloaded 425 and now the crap thing is broke again. AAAARRRRGGGGHH EEEEPPPPIIIIICCCCC :mad: !!!!!!! I've seen games released in early stage before but UT BEATS 'EM ALL! :mad::mad::mad:

Maze

Apr 26, 2000
Visit site
It is not illegal to use a cd-remover as long as you own the actual game, hehe.....I know, bad joke. But who can proove you dont have it ? I use a cd remover, though I do own the original UT. Its just more comfortable.
Anyway, I just found it somewhat funny that you said "but dont tell anyone I told you" because everyone on the board can read your message. Didnt mean to critizise you or what.
Keep on fraggin,
Maze ;-)

SimplyCosmic

Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
It is not illegal to use a cd-remover as long as you own the actual game

There's the problem. You don't actually own the game, you only have a license to run it. The reason this is, because if you owned the game itself, you could do anything you wanted with it, included decompiling it, messing around with the insides, then selling it as your own. You don't own the game and you don't own the code. You only have a license to run it, and to only run one copy of it at any given time.

Under several new laws passed through by Congress, the most troublesome being the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA), you cannot reverse engineer that program, don't own it, cannot run it in ways unintended by the publisher and for the most part, can't even sue the creator if there's something wrong with it.

It goes against the licensing agreement you have with Epic to run Unreal Tournament in a way other than originally intended. By using a no-cd crack, or any other method of defeating their copy protection scheme, you have broken a law or two, as well as losing the rights to play the game under that contract. Pretty scary, mostly unenforced by game companies, widely ignored by the public, but it's hard law.

An example of this same situation, except with actual legal action being taken, is the case of DeCSS. For those of you that don't know, DVDs are in an encrypted format which allows only DVD-players (hardware and software) who have made contracts to be able to play/decrypt the video. What happened, is a Sweedish teenager and others reverse engineered the rather laughable encryption scheme and created a beta for a open-source software DVD player. They have been sued, are in court, and websites that published the DeCSS code have been court-ordered to take down the code. The arguement is that the MPAA has the right to decree how you play your DVDs. You may own the physical DVD, but it is not legal to play it however you want.

Another example is the very operating system most of us use, Windows. Have you ever actually read through the entire EULA (End User Licensing Agreement)? It basically states that you do not own your copy of MS Windows, you are renting use of it on one machine. You can't even sell your copy to another person, as the EULA is non-transferable (MS has gone after people on EBay for this). The agreement is also able to be terminated at any time by Microsoft for any reason. They don't like you, they can legally say to you that it is now forbidden to use it.

Again, scary stuff this is. The worst part is how little the public knows about the legal issues of the software they're using.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I came here to post my newest experience with 425, and after reading though, I had to check and make sure I was in the right thread.. but yeah, I am.

Ok, I downloaded the other d3ddrv.dll just in case it was better than the one in 420. I'm getting framerates equal to, or maybe a hair higher than they were with 420. So, everyone who uses D3D should check out the file here: http://unreal.epicgames.com/files/d3d_18b/d3ddrv.dll

Happy faster fragging to you all!

[Edited by Clayeth054 on 08-04-2000 at 05:14 PM]