I can't get UT to update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

aXvXiA

Jul 23, 2000
www.axvxia.com
I have tried every patch.......4.02, 4.05b, 4.13, and 4.20, and i absolutely cannot get it to work...it always says that botpack.u is corrupt and that i need to download the patch again.....but i got the patch off of a cd after i downloaded it, and that didn't even work. I have a k6-2 450 and a banshee......this isn't a hardware problem, though. The game will run and work on the origional version on the cd, but i want to update it and i cant. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nevar

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
If your only problem is with patching, you only need to copy the system directory from the CD. When the patch installer asks you for your CD directory, give it the directory in which the temporary system directory resides (if you copied the system directory to c:\UTtemp\system, then tell the patch installer that c:\UTtemp is your CD.

From this thread

http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854

Suprquad4

Jan 12, 2000
Visit site
Problems

I"M GETTING THE SAME PROBLEMS VERSION IS NOT EXPECTED VERSION OR SOMETHING OR OTHER LIKE SOMETIMES SOME WILL DOWNLOAD AND OTHER TIMES THEY WON"T ALSO> I CAN NOT UPDATE TO 4.20 at all and its very frustrating. Please someone help