ISP question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shadow Wizard

Dec 30, 1999
Stillwater, OK USA
Visit site
OK, first of all, I am really beginning to hate Earthlink. My connection sucks and if I don't have problems connecting initially, then I have problems with being disconnected after using the internet for a few minutes. Seems to work fine if I am on-line around 1 or 2 in the morning, but anytime during the day sux.
So, I started looking for another ISP (hey, if I can find something that connects better, I will pay more). Unfortunately, I am limited to only dial-up in the area (no cable or DSL yet). What I have found out is that all the ISP's in my area use the same modem number. This is something like 15 different ISPs all using the same number for users to connect to. Does this mean that any ISP I sign up with will have the same problem?

|H|Alarion

Neighborhood godless fragger
Mar 30, 2000
Yorktown, VA
www.rabid-wolf.com
More than likely, any NATIONAL ISP you use (mindspring, AOL, Earthlink, etc).. will use that, especially if it's a small town. Try some local ISPs.. see if maybe they can give you a free trial (or money back guarantee..) just tell them you are a gamer who wants a half decent ping. Any good ISP will be more than happy to accept the offer.