why am i invisable

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DONTSHOT

Jun 23, 2000
RALEIGH
Visit site
I am trying to find out why when I start a new server I am completly invisible. I could walk up to someone and stand in right in front of them and they will not see me at all.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
have you clicked your fire to spawn? Or do you have "observer" checked in your setup?

Can you frag people like this?

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Morety|PuF

The More-tician. Bringing up the dead (topics).

]LoL[ - Strength, honour, nekkidness and beer.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
And every time? Wow. You should go onto the mnsg server and pad your stats with those guys. :)

In reality though, that sucks! It must be a bug. I've actually run into a server that had invisible bots. I'd guess it is with the 420 patch.

I assume you're using the default skins? Do you have the "force default skin" checked or anything?

Try a forum search for "invisible" or "invisible skins". I've seen something on it posted.

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Morety|PuF

The More-tician. Bringing up the dead (topics).

]LoL[ - Strength, honour, nekkidness and beer.

-OwL-

Jun 15, 2000
Montgomery, AL
www.rymix.net
Holy cow, then what <edit later, insert name here> said in that thread was correct then? Oh my, that sux. People are really running around invisible and not knowing it. Unless the people you ran up to were lagged to hell and back lol!

Wait a minute. Were you starting your own server or starting anew on a public server? I'm down to believing it's a server bug somewhere. We'll find it...

_-=_OwL_=-_

bullet2.gif

------------------------
"Spilled spot remover on my dog, now he's gone." - Steven Wright
_-=_OwL_=-_ / Trout / Pocket Tsunami
ngUID : 948364
1999 Intergalactic Minesweeper Tournament Champion

TheMan

Jan 31, 2000
Oregon
Your problem is easily fixable, although I am not exactly sure how to fix it. :) I say this because a friend of mine had the exact same problem (he was totally invisible to me) whenever he tried to start a server. It has to do with one of the settings on your server tab. Play around with those a bit. What version are you running? I will ask him and get back to you.

Also, if you are running RA you cannot use alot of custom skins or even bonus pack skins like the war cow or you will be invisible. Try changing your skin next time you start up a server.

bullet2.gif

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. -Author Unknown-

siepa3

Apr 27, 2000
Lublin, Poland
Visit site
if the bots are invisible that means admin had chosen meshes/models that you dont have (i.e. rumiko, alien) and didnt put them in 'serverpackages=' lines in unrealtournament.ini for anyone to d/l