looking for 2 maps.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
I agree, this Campgrounds looks much better, more like it's original counterpart.

Grendelkeep would be nice, I found a map MooKeep, but the download link provided is broken.

Last edited:

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
I think DM GrendelKeep3 CE is the best version, mostly because it has a title picture.

CampGrounds III in the CBP3? Can't see it there and I have both releases.

I really like CampGrounds III, for instance there is a jump that can be made for the sniper rifle. You just double jump, turn to the wall in a 45 degree angle and wall dodge to it. Quite a neat trick, just like in Quake III Arena or Quake Live.

Axon.Gorge

Is it cold in here, or is it just me?
Feb 8, 2009
Yeah I wouldnt mind a closer to q4 version of campgrounds myself. Theres another one FraggingYard I wouldnt mind seeing, especially since I got Turbine and Tempest. The roughinery I found didnt look so hot!

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Personally I think those jumps are still a little too hard, I don't seem to get them every time. Wonder how many times they have practiced those moves before they get a 90-99% success rate. Maybe they are supposed to be that hard to make the game interesting for the elite gamers.

I'm not saying you didn't know this already, but some viewers of this thread might not.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Personally I think those jumps are still a little too hard, I don't seem to get them every time. Wonder how many times they have practiced those moves before they get a 90-99% success rate. Maybe they are supposed to be that hard to make the game interesting for the elite gamers.

I'm not saying you didn't know this already, but some viewers of this thread might not.
Which jumps are you referring to?

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
CampGrounds III, get to the Sniper Rifle from the Rocket Launcher platform. This is the double jump with a wall dodge. (Area above the Armor.)

CampGrounds Redux, get to the Railgun the same way. You have to circle jump and then strafe jump across the gap. (Area above the Red Armor.)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Also if you want to browse for levels, Epic Game's forum are still efficient, until a decent map site show up. Or will it ever? :confused:

Just go to this sub forum, then Search this forum -> Advanced search and type example: DM-/WAR-/VCTF- for the fake "filtering", also make sure it search thread titles only.

Anyway Grandel wasn't even on there.

Last edited:

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
I'm in the zone now. Double jump wall dodge is really easy, you just have to jump-jump-arrow-arrow fast enough to accelerate enough upward and forward, then of course steer in the right direction and keep going. Basically you double jump while going up and then you wall dodge when you are at the peak. Easiest trick jump I have learned so far.

Does dodging make you go progressively faster, IE you gain speed every time you dodge in one direction?

I did find one outdated version of GrendelKeep on Epic Forums. Other sites are sometimes better when they are hosting the actual files, not just a release note.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
That version is very sweet. Thank you!

The double jump wall dodge for the sniper rifle also work on this one.