A warning about achievements

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Any of the following will disqualify you from unlocking achievements, :

-Custom character models(even if you aren't actively using them)
-Cheat commands (e.g. god)
-Possibly certain mutators, gametypes, and other custom content (Some mutators have no issue, others might, depending on what they do)

(epic plz fix, custom models aren't cheating)

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
So I can't have custom models? Epic really needs to figure out what the **** is cheating. I think everyone will agree that epic has shown through UT3 that they have no clue what is cheating and what is not and custom models IS NOT CHEATING EPIC.

I guess it doesn't really manner for right now though since every custom model I have shows up as DEMO GUY ever since 2.0!! He's dead my ass.

although I kinda agree on the mutator one...I think. :hmm:

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yea, those are all not cheating. Achievements should be just disabled for that match if using mutators or cheat codes, and not overall, and custom models are legitimate!

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
I think it might be because of an old code or something. Some people have been useing custom character files to hide thair aim bots. There was one I remember ketp getting people banned in UT99 easy to see it was desguised as a custom character.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Ah so achievements work in non steam version too?

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I suppose it could be classified as cheating to have a custom character model with loud beeping noises for footsteps or something, but yeah it's stupid when you're not even using them.

I never saw the big deal in letting you 'cheat' the achievements anyway. They are just a personal track record, and don't get you any benefit over other players.

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
What it may actually be is custom factions. But I can't test this, as every model I have has a custom faction.

And yes, achievements still work if you haven't regiestered the game with Steam. But, no one will know about what you've achieved except you.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
No problem earning achievements with the models added by CBP3. I did notice that I got 0 credit for my time at FragBU tonight, yet the campaign play added. That doesn't seem totally right.

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
All I can tell you is I started with an empty My Games\UT3\Published\CookedPC folder, and achievements worked. I added that egyptian model to the folder, and achievements stopped working. I removed it, they started working again.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I can't get the "Win a IA match on TDM and Greed" in "See how it is" achievement. I win those matches but on TDM and Greed it still says "Incomplete".
No cheats and mutators used, so what the hell?

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
If you can't get any other achevements either, then try removing any custom models and their factions/scripts from your My Games folder.

Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Disabling the custom models options under the Player settings seemed to work, rather than removing the models altogether. It would be great if there was some workaround.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
Any of the following will disqualify you from unlocking achievements, :

-Custom character models(even if you aren't actively using them)
-Cheat commands (e.g. god)
-Possibly certain mutators, gametypes, and other custom content (Some mutators have no issue, others might, depending on what they do)

(epic plz fix, custom models aren't cheating)

No problem earning achievements with the models added by CBP3. I did notice that I got 0 credit for my time at FragBU tonight, yet the campaign play added. That doesn't seem totally right.

All I can tell you is I started with an empty My Games\UT3\Published\CookedPC folder, and achievements worked. I added that egyptian model to the folder, and achievements stopped working. I removed it, they started working again.

well obviously god mode is cheating...

But using Custom Models? come on - Epic seems to be going out of their way to discourage any Custom Character options be used or created for UT ever again. I swear if there was no MSUC, there would be no custom models for UT3...

You didnt get any credit for playing FragBU prob because of the Titan Mutator, I believe that cancels any achievements, at least it says it does in my server logs.