UT3 Echelon Trims Poll

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Make a competition version of DM-Echelon?

• Yes

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Ok, quick poll on the colour changing trims in DM-Echelon, which will be released with the HOLP2 pack soon (2 weeks).

I'm thinking of making a second version for competetive play, without them. To make timing the AMP more team-based. What say you, TDM players of BuF?

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
No, the color changing feature is competition friendly enough. You won't be able to control the amp simply by seeing the wall and thinking "oh, it spawned, I should go over there" if you're on the other side of the map, and if you can then you aren't playing against someone that is using real map control anyway. It's a nice feature for people that don't time/control powerups, but won't interfere with competitive play because by the time it comes up it will be too late.

ALSO: THERE IS NO COMPETITIVE PLAY IN UT3 :(

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
I'd say leave it in. If it really turns out to be a massive problem then you can create a ce version later. And if that point ever came then there would be more balance feeback too.