CTF-React Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
First real quality looking map I've seen from a community mapper so far since the game has been released.
Just looking at the screenshots I can see the theme has already pulled me in and it's refreshing to see some very tasteful lighting.
Don't know if the screenshots have been adjusted in Photoshop but if the level is anywhere near that well lit in game then this could well be a benchmap for UT3 lighting.
3rd shot in particular is very nicely dealt with.
Don't know about playability since I don't have UT3 but if I did, this would go straight to the top of the (very short) list.

Very nice work there Pinnacle.

Lruce

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
First real quality looking map I've seen from a community mapper so far since the game has been released.

Then imo you have not seen many levels I have to say. The work of the level designers on display in the CBP3, Setheran's VCTF level, Slain's Acquisition, Axeman's Neon, DGUnreal's Waterfalls, Bazz's Safeguard, and Remus Tiberium are only a few of the many really polished user created levels that exist for the game. Anyway that is my opinion ... and yes this level is very refined as well.

It is good to see a level of this quality getting released ... the community still has a long way to go to match the depth, variety, and quality of the levels created for UT2K4 but this is a step in the right direction for certain. And with the upcoming releases of HOLP 2, CBP3 V2, UCMP5, levels created for the various contests going on now and various ongoing level/mod development things are only looking better. Now we just need some more patches to get rid of annoying issues with IA gaming. ;)

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Best graphics indeed. Gameplay is also great.

I'm seriously looking forward to more maps by pinnacle.

Fordy

Jul 10, 2001
York, UK
www.planetunreal.com

Awww come on Lruce, there have been a lot of good UT3 maps released. Ok, not as many as with UT2004.

You know what I'd like to see? A remake of DM-Brunel in UT3, it was awesome and that was for the original UT, I can only begin to imagine how good it would be in UT3.

I'm not at home at the moment but I'll download CTF-React it when I get back on Tuesday, it looks awesome and you can't beat a good old CTF map, I love CTF!

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Awww come on Lruce, there have been a lot of good UT3 maps released. Ok, not as many as with UT2004.

You know what I'd like to see? A remake of DM-Brunel in UT3, it was awesome and that was for the original UT, I can only begin to imagine how good it would be in UT3.

I'm not at home at the moment but I'll download CTF-React it when I get back on Tuesday, it looks awesome and you can't beat a good old CTF map, I love CTF!

Appreciate that Fordy.
This map here just caught my eye for some reason and there may well be other maps out there that flew under my radar but you're going to have to get your head above the crowd to get the Lruce seal of approval these days o_~

Lruce

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
its a fun little map, played it IA and it was cool. itd be nice to see this one online to get a feel of how it would play for real though... very fast paced but with the opportunity to hide as well is an even cowgirls get the blues thumbs up in my book :)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
its a fun little map, played it IA and it was cool. itd be nice to see this one online to get a feel of how it would play for real though... very fast paced but with the opportunity to hide as well is an even cowgirls get the blues thumbs up in my book :)

We've got it on the FragBU server and played it last night. It must have been before you got there though.