So I'm fooling around with some overclocking

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
And I end up getting confused. No wonder my board is a DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-D :p

My problem is this, what are my memory actually running? I've set the DRAM multiplier to the first available under 1:1.
Then this is what happens:
[screenshot]http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/6711/cpuzram9gv.jpg[/screenshot]
So what is my RAM actually running?

My system is stable enough running but I can't go higher due to unstability. I just want to know if it is the memory or not that is bugging me.

Last edited:

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Have you dropped your HTT multplier from 5 to 4 yet? Might be a good time to do so, if you haven't already. ram speed really doesn't have much to do with AMD overclocking

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Hmm my BIOS isn't so just forward so I think I found the right one.

It's called LDT/FSB and goes from 5.0x to 1.0x or somthing like that. Then there's the CPU/FSB but that's another thing as I see it since it goes from 11.0x to a very small number.

Did I find the right one and what does this HTT multiplier affect anyways? I set my RAM to auto and it seems to follow when I in/decrease my Clock Generator(in BIOS it is called FSB though FSB isn't there anymore with K8).
Yes I know I'm not very set in these overclocking terms and uses still a newbie here, so bear with me :)

What I have accomplished as of now is 2.850Mhz with Windows booting at 1.7VCore and SuperPI stable at 2.750Mhz at 1.63VCore.
Anything to be satisfied with?
[screenshot]http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7937/superpi275np.jpg[/screenshot]

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
your memory is not running 1:1, go into the BIOS and go to the Genie BIOS settings>DRAM config>press enter>DRAM frequancy Set>press enter and change to 200MHz
That will force the RAM to run 1:1 the same fsb as the CPU. You`ll always get better bench results running 1:1 even if you can get a slightly higher overall OC with a divider, at least I`ve found anyway.
*edit* I can beat your Superpi time by a second running the same 2750mhz @ 250fsb 1:1 while I have two instances of folding@home running in the background. ;)

Last edited:

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Then my RAM won't follow if I force them to run 1:1. I couldn't even boot them at 230.
Also in my BIOS(DFI nF4) there is like 20 different CAS settings so if I wanted to run 250MHz on the RAM I'd have to slack on timings and honestly I don't know half of these settings. Takes a doctor degree to understand them.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
You`ll probly not run over 220 at CAS2.0, you`ll need to relax the timings a bit, try CAS 2.5 and maybe bump up the memory voltage a bit too. The increased fsb will overcome the relaxxed timings. What exact memory do you have??
*Edit*
I see in the first screen shot your @ 2T command rate with the memory, that will kill performance a bit, you only want to run 2T if you have 4 sticks of memory, or you`re at an extreme OC and then 2T will sometimes help with stability @ the higher fsb. You change that back to 1T in the Genie BIOS Settings> DRAM Config> Command Per Clock> enabled will set it to 1T. That in-itself will probly help your Superpi time by a second or two.

Last edited:

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Ahaa so there's where I can find that T2 thing. Was not aware of that and looked alot for it :p

EDIT:: Was in a hurry there. But my RAM is OCZ Platinum Edition PC3200 2x1GB CAS 2.3.2.5 @ 400MHz. Though in CPU-Z the one is called Jade Star and the other OCZ. Don't know why though, they run fine.

Last edited: