UT2007 Hardware Requirements?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
CrashOverwrite of Extreme-Players reports that the latest issue of PC Games Hardware (German) cites PC hardware requirements from a source at Epic Games. Here are some of the details he provided:

minimum: 2.8GHz, 512mb Ram,Geforce6
for high details: 3-4GHz, 1Gb Ram, Nvidia 6800GT/ultra or 7800GT/GTX SLI
Dual-core Processor use: Multi-Threading is supported and should provide much better performance.
64 Bit version available with better textures
Renderers: Shader-3.0, Fallback-Mode for Shader 2.0 maybe a dx8 renderer.
HDR: yes
physics: Novodex-Physik-Engine.
Ageias PhysX Processor supported.

UPDATE Epic is officially denying the validity of these specs in forum posts by Epic Games' Mark Rein and War_Tourist. Hooray for German hardware magazines!

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
hal said:

To clarify, does that mean that the 6800gt/ultra has to be SLI as well?? If not then hell im set, even half medium and half high.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
hal said:
CrashOverwrite of Extreme-Players reports that the latest issue of PC Games Hardware (German) cites PC hardware requirements from a source at Epic Games. Here are some of the details he provided:

minimum: 2.8GHz, 512mb Ram,Geforce6
Dual-core Processor use: Multi-Threading is supported and should provide much better performance.
64 Bit version available with better textures
HDR: yes
physics: Novodex-Physik-Engine.
Ageias PhysX Processor supported.

ooh crap there is no way in hell i'll be able to play this. I'm going to have to buy a completely new computer.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
You ran FEAR pretty decently didnt you tool?? If so you shouldnt have that much trouble

From what it looks like the game may rely more on the cpu like previous iterations have. That 2.8ghz minimum just begs to say "Hey i eat your cpu for breakfast, but you can spend 500 on some new graphics so i can look prettier and run barely better than before" My guess is by the time the game comes out, higher end cpu's will be within reasonable price, but thats just a guess afterall.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Cpt.Toilet.exe said:
You ran FEAR pretty decently didnt you tool?? If so you shouldnt have that much trouble

From what it looks like the game may rely more on the cpu like previous iterations have. That 2.8ghz minimum just begs to say "Hey i eat your cpu for breakfast, but you can spend 500 on some new graphics so i can look prettier and run barely better than before" My guess is by the time the game comes out, higher end cpu's will be within reasonable price, but thats just a guess afterall.

Are you kidding me? UT2k7 is a thousand times more better looking every single area then FEAR. On the plus side what you do is just wait until a few weeks before ut2k7 comes out and upgrade to the recommended hardware. By then a geforce 7800 is going to be dirt cheap.

EggBoy

Apr 26, 2005
Im not sure how true those minimum requirements are. Most unreal games have had highly scalable graphics (ut2k4 is probably the only recent game which still has a software renderer), but maybe not so much this time around.

The minimum requirement for gfx card is misleading cos I think a new GF6200 is still slower than my ancient GF4-Ti4600 in terms of raw power, but my GF4 wont even load the game at all if they make it dx9.0 only. It does sound like they gonna make it dx9 only, but hopefully they will include the dx8 renderer for the old-but-beefy graphics cards. Meh, I will probably be upgrading when it comes out anyway, so it dont matter that much.

pum

Oct 15, 2005
EggBoy said:
It does sound like they gonna make it dx9 only, but hopefully they will include the dx8 renderer for the old-but-beefy graphics cards. Meh, I will probably be upgrading when it comes out anyway, so it dont matter that much.
You may not be screwed. :D

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
Cpt.Toilet.exe said:
To clarify, does that mean that the 6800gt/ultra has to be SLI as well?? If not then hell im set, even half medium and half high.

tim sweeney once said that a single gf6800 ultra should be perfect for high detail. if you dig through some bu news you might find it...
anyway, i'm set as well. maybe 1 more gig of ram and a better gfx card but that's what i wanted to buy anyway so.
and having a look at the min requirements it looks like it could run at min details on my notebook lol!
oh man, i'm SOOOOOO looking forward to this game!!!!! :D

and btw - can you remember all those people saying 'omg, look at these specs- no one's ever going to have such a rig!'. and now look at the min requirements for quake 4... ut2k7's not so far away from that.

ahhh.... can't wait :D

Syberdoor

Aug 19, 2005
Polycron said:
:( where should a poor student like me get all that money from? That's like 3000 bucks FFS!!! :mad:

You can get a system that is in the "high" range of those specs now for half of that.. I dunno what stuff you wanted to buy with 3000 (unless you do not mean $ or €) but thats like a athlon fx-60 and gf 7800gtx SLI stuff you need to get into the 3000 bucks range? and ut2007 is not out... might be possible that it will take a year for that... so what do you think will a 7800gt cost if the 9800 or stgh is out?

EggBoy

Apr 26, 2005
Yeah hardware is real cheap these days anyway, at least where I live (New Zealand). Right now I can get a Athlon64 X2 dual core 4200+, decent mobo, 1GB ram and 7800 GTX for about 1,800 NZ dollars (I think about US$1260 ?)

MeanyMortal

They call me Berjj
Oct 2, 2004
Sweden
I have the EXACT system specs recomended for UT2004. I play with all settings on medium and it still gives me 10-40 FPS in return (depending on map) with constant freezes.

Will it be the same for the UT2007 recomended specs or will they give out an acceptable system requirement this time?