Corpse mistaken for Halloween decoration

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nachimir

Crony of Stilgar
Aug 13, 2001
Shelf Adventure.
Was it happenstance, or did the woman have a delicious sense of irony?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9841877/

Woman’s body hangs from tree after apparent suicide

The Associated Press
Updated: 3:39 p.m. ET Oct. 27, 2005

FREDERICA, Del. - The apparent suicide of a woman found hanging from a tree went unreported for hours because passers-by thought the body was a Halloween decoration, authorities said.

The 42-year-old woman used rope to hang herself across the street from some homes on a moderately busy road late Tuesday or early Wednesday, state police said.

The body, suspended about 15 feet above the ground, could be easily seen from passing vehicles.

State police spokesman Cpl. Jeff Oldham and neighbors said people noticed the body at breakfast time Wednesday but dismissed it as a holiday prank. Authorities were called to the scene more than three hours later.

“They thought it was a Halloween decoration,” Fay Glanden, wife of Mayor William Glanden, told The (Wilmington) News Journal.

“It looked like something somebody would have rigged up,” she said.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
My dad and I hung up a dummy over the road next to a cemetery around Halloween when I was a kid. The town we lived in had less than 500 people and no police. The cemetery was a few blocks out of town and we hung the dummy from a rope.

Normally, it would have stayed there for days or weeks, but a highway patrol cop just happened to pass through and took it down a day or so after we strung it up.

SpiritWalker

Tattooed Beat Messiah / Prime Mover
Feb 20, 2002
NC
webpages.charter.net
Mister_Prophet said:
Anyone else find this extremely hysterical?

Seriously. I laughed so hard I snotted my Dr.Pepper all over the keyboard.

/me rasies hand and jumps up and down after learning how to control my laughter again...

oh god that's great

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
still, dr. pepper makes mr. pibb look bad, what with mr. pibb being so lazy he dropped out of his school to start making pop before he even got his degree ;) -- mitch hedberg (loosely)