Stuck at 10FPS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Right, some of you watching the share your old hardware thread will note I've picked a GeforceFX 5950 Ultra. I got it and it worked fine, but now when I run games I'm stuck at 10FPS.

My System:

P4 1.7GHz
512SDRAM
300W PSU
ETC

77.* Forceware Drivers.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
If another card works with the seemingly correct fps, then contact the maker of the 5950 card, ask them if they would replace the card with a working one.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
it worked correctly for a day or so. Think it'll be something I did. I will be sorting it this evening, I hope.

[EDIT]

So I removed the drivers (I did put the reg hack to open up clock timings etc) and installed the new ones it worked. :D

Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Ah yes, should have told you about that. Don't use the nVidia overclocking util because Asus are annoying f*ckers who don't stick to the reference board design. The only way I got it working was to use the 56.something drivers.

Last edited: