Almost giving up.... :(

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Malibu Barbie

Action Figure
Jan 21, 2005
unwheel.beyondunreal.com
Okay, I just love unwheel. But somebody has to find a solution for my problem.

Train Race and Suicide are two of my favorite maps. But just about every time we go into a game in either map, it starts to download all over again, and very very slowly! I usually don't have a couple of hours to spare late Saturday night waiting for the f'ing thing to download! How can we solve this? I'm willing to help as much as I can to find a solution to either the problem that it downloads maps I already have, or to increase the speed of the downloads, but my knowledge is very limited. Does anyone have a solution?

Ps: Don't type after a bottle of wine, no matter how good it is! ;)

Last edited:

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
dont leave mb, we need dolls :p

weird.... :( ... 1st thing i would look at is your cache folder > open cache.ini and see if train and suicide maps are in this list and cross reference that long ass file name file with what is in your maps folder to see if they are identical. either delete your cache files or edit the cache.ini and get rid of those 2 entries that point to those 2 maps. your cache may be set to purge every 30 days which i think is default...i changed mine to 365 days...its in one of the unwheel ini's.
the goal is to get a good copy either in your cache or maps folder. hope this all makes sense :rolleyes:

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
I had to install suicide 3-4 times before I got it right. You're probably putting something in the wrong place, or not installing one of the files. Atleast that's what my problem was.
Double/triple check everything. Heck, make a new folder to unzip each map to, then drag and drop each file one at a time, alowing it to over write the the exsiting file.

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
JamesBong said:
your cache may be set to purge every 30 days which i think is default...i changed mine to 365 days...
HOLY SH!T!!! How big is your cashe? 3-4 gigs????:eek: