FHI v4 & E-INV

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KZXten

Apr 2, 2005
MD
Hey, first thanks for the MOD especially V4. I was hooked when I first joined a game via the web (guess it wasn't advertised then).

At any rate I am now putting a server online to replace one that is going down. Since I'm doing this I've put on FHI v4 as an option, or so I thought. I have Extreme INV on along with JB, Assassin, AM, MA, and SF. I would also like to include FHI as another form of INV because IMO it's a great mod.

I've left the mod in its own directory as published in the readme but when the server is started this way it recognizes some of the stuff in the ut2004/system directory but will not recognize the other game types. For this to work with the last version I put it in the UT2004/system directory and configured it as a basic mod. I want this to work with the other mods harmoniously, and if possibly add in the MMRPG to the mix.

I'd also like to know if and how the weapons/monsters can be used in Extreme INV. I know I know, if you want that then just leave it as FHI. Well as we all know FHI is a great mod and not a small d/l, with E-INV married with FHI it brings the d/l to a smaller size and you get the best of both worlds..IMO.

BTW, I tested v4 fairly quick and haven't had any probs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance,
KZXten

KZXten's Frag Fest now online, it's due to move so that more b/w is available.
Server is 2Ghz w/ 1GB Ram

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
You can use the new FHI monsters in Extreme invasion, but it requires some fairly heafty downloads by those joining the game if they don't already have it (the last version required about 45 megs however if the clients have it and have it properly configured, they don't need to dl anything)

I have not yet tested, but from the previous version of FHI you needed FHI and FHIX in your ServerPackages.

However, I have to wonder how there will be no Version Mismatch errors since the FHI and FHIX packages have not changed in name?

I am loving it though, some (many) of the new monsters are awesome!! Here is the are the lines to add for MonsterManager.ini:

Code:
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Assassin",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Assassin",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Butcher",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Butcher",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] CombatTitan",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_CombatTitan",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] DemonNali",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_DemonNali",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] DirtMan",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_DirtMan",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] ElectricHenchman",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_ElectricHenchman",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] EnemyCraft",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_EnemyCraft",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] EnemyFighter",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_EnemyFighter",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] EnemyRaptor",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_EnemyRaptor",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] EnemySkaarj",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_EnemySkaarj",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] FatCow",MonsterClassName="fhi.FatCow",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] FireDemon",MonsterClassName="fhi.FireDemon",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] FireWarrior",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_FireWarrior",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] FlakSoldier",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_FlakSoldier",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Flesher",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Flesher",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Ghost",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Ghost",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] GrenadeKrall",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_GrenadeKrall",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Guardian",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Guardian",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Hellraiser",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Hellraiser",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] HunterSkaarj",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_HunterSkaarj",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] IceMan",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_IceMan",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Ictus",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Ictus",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] ImprovedBehemoth",MonsterClassName="fhi.ImprovedBehemoth",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] ImprovedWarlord",MonsterClassName="fhi.ImprovedWarlord",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] KillerCow",MonsterClassName="fhi.KillerCow",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Maphorus",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Maphorus",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Mercenary",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Mercenary",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] MiniQueen",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_MiniQueen",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] MiniTitan",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_MiniTitan",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Nepolia",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Nepolia",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Queen",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Queen",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Rhagjar",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Rhagjar",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Sandman",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Sandman",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] ShockSoldier",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_ShockSoldier",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] SkaarjOfficer",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_SkaarjOfficer",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] SkaarjTrooper",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_SkaarjTrooper",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Skeleton",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Skeleton",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] SmallCow",MonsterClassName="fhi.SmallCow",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Soldier",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Soldier",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] SolidShot",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_SolidShot",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Spider",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Spider",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Spikeball",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Spikeball",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] SuicideRabbit",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_SuicideRabbit",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Titan",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Titan",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Trogg",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Trogg",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Werebeast",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Werebeast",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Zombie",MonsterClassName="fhi.Monster_Zombie",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)

Last edited:

monolith

Apr 16, 2005
Ok now lets see here ive got my server going with regular inv and i added some fhi weapons (the ones i could get out of loadout cach dumper) and added the maps in also, and i added what monsters satores monsterpack would add in +a few that i was able to figure out.

now my problem is that the new fhi monsters keep droping their weapons and by wave 15 or so (25 waves total) the lag gets enormious and the field looks like a gun shop gone bad i tried to add the lines that the nali fighter has to not drop its weapons in to satores using the monster names as was done for the nali fighter as such

[FHI.Monster_Guardian]
bNoThrowWeapon=TRUE

[FHI.Monster_Werebeast]
bNoThrowWeapon=TRUE

[FHI.Monster_Ghost]
bNoThrowWeapon=TRUE

[FHI.Monster_Ictus]
bNoThrowWeapon=TRUE

[FHI.Monster_SkaarjTrooper]
bNoThrowWeapon=TRUE

and this doesnot work and i have no idea what i am doing i have just been going by trial and error and cant fix this error. i do have your mmzip in my comp and used it to get my satores filled with monsters and if u have something in their that will fix this and it cant be used with satores than i would be glad to change. as of right now ive got so much time it the satores one that i just dont want to drop it unless i really have to. and yes Obscenery i am talking to u lol. and btw thanks for the mm it has helped me out quite a bit in figuring some of this stuff out.

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
At the moment I don't and if FHI doesn't come out with something, I will play around to see what I can do. But I hope the FHI dudes fix the problem!:p

KZXten

Apr 2, 2005
MD
Thanks for the info Obscenery, I imagine the 45mb's of d/l is the textures and such. I'm going to try this on another server to see if i can get it working correctly but the way you put it I think I can pull it off. Of course I'll forwarn ppl that new monsters are on the way and prepare for a big d/l. Eh the way I see it this would be a great way of phasing into FHI! Bring the monsters into INV and after players have d/l'd that then put up FHI then the d/l won't be as large. I'll have to give this a try later today if I get get my act together.

Monolith ya got me confused man. Of course I'm still new in the server area but what you are doing sounds interesting. I too would like to serve up some of the FHI weapons in INV but you have me going on the mmzip. What does the mmzip tool do?

Thanks guys,
KZXten

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
Monolith is refering to my mutator MonsterManager (MM). There are two parts, one allows you to make random changes to various monster attributes (speed, size, health). The other part is an actual game type "Extreme Invasion" which has some HUD improvements (IMO), and generally quite a bit more control (it eliminates 16 monster/16 wave limitation).

You can check it out on the Atari forums if you are interested.

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
I did a little research, as it stands now, your clients will need to download 69.5 Megs if you only include monsters (it might be most other stuff but I don't really know).

The list of files they will need:
FHI.u
FHIMonsters.usx
UWM.u
UMonsterMeshes.u
FHITex.utx
FHIAnim.ukx
FHISounds.uax
FHIsmeshes.usx
FHIWeaponTex.utx
FHIX.u
rWeaponSkins.utx
rWeaponAnims.ukx
rWeaponMeshes.usx
rEffects.u
rWeaponFX.utx
rWeaponSounds.uax
USmeshes.usx

KZXten

Apr 2, 2005
MD
LOL, I was wondering if that was what he was referring to. I haven't actually seen the mutator due to it being on a dedicated server. I guess it would be to my advantage to put it on my retail UT box 8).

FYI, without the MM you could still get above 16 waves. We used to have 22 waves at Vortex's Frag Fest, Vortex decided to bring it back to 16 but I'm trying to decide were to have the levels end, being that my server is to replace his which just so happens to be going down today 8(.

Thanks for all information,
KZXten.

monolith

Apr 16, 2005
so still no word from anyone at fraghouse to this problem with the gun carrying monsters droping them where they die to lag the server down to a snails crawl? i did however come across something that may help if anyone esle gets this problem ...... :eek: :eek: misfortune weapons :D ;) ......... destroys them as you go by..... thanks gnard_smasher for the assist in atleast lessoning the strain.

thank you
monolith

Ps ive just been letting people that have been regs on my server to go to my forums and link to the fhiv4 d/l and then install and move the files to the ut directory ok there is one thing i dont get though why is it that fhi is not just put into ut and played there just like jailbreak is it seems to work great and now i can get the fhi maps into the regular invasion game. although everyone now seems to want to play fhi which is 25 waves and all the monsters on my satores mp omg u wouldnt believe the cow wave its fin great in a vehicle cows a flyin and mooin. lol again thanks :D

Last edited:

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
If anyone at FHI is reading, you can fix the dropped weapon problem by adding this funciton to the monsters that carry weapons:

function TossWeapon(Vector TossVel)
{
// if(bNoThrowWeapon)
return;
// super.TossWeapon(TossVel);
}

I left the remarks in, just incase you wanted to make a configureable value (bNoThrowWeapon) in an ini file that would allow you to decide personally if the monster should toss the weapon or have it dissapear at time of death.

monolith

Apr 16, 2005
u think they would be reading this but who knows ...... uummmm ok i have no idea where, how, when, or to who i need to do this to could u maybe explain this to me like i am a five year old so i can get this right cause omg the last game was up to here with weapons cause noone had a misfortune weapon.

and again thank you obscenery

is this even something that i could do?

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
You could if you decompile most of the FHI stuff, alter the monsters and recompile, but then forget playing on-line.

monolith

Apr 16, 2005
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: u couldnt play online because of the file mismach thingie right and u couldnt change file names because then other files that call for that file would not get it because of the name change ... correct?.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SO WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET SOMEONE TO ANSWER A FIN POST MAYBE I WILL POST MORE POSTS ABOUT THIS???? CMON GUYS LETS HEAR FROM U....

Last edited:

KZXten

Apr 2, 2005
MD
Well actually you could play online, the think is that ppl would end up d/ling from your server unless you pushed it up to the redirect server.

although the proper channel would be for the Fraghouse team to do the fix and post it.

KZXten

Apr 2, 2005
MD
It's nice to know that they have a quick turn around time for fixes, even thought it's not expected to have probs...heh heh yeah I saw the fix comment.