program to figure out memory specs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
I want some more ram, but I don't know what's in there at the mo. I'm pretty sure it's one 512meg slab, but I dont know speed, brand etc... I want another 512meg to accompany it. Mobo is a SL-75DRV4

sooo.... I need some kind of way to figure out what's there without physically taking out the ram.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
try "sandra" it has a really good memory readout section,plus other things,but it shows a good ammount of mem slots-ammount-size-speed etc etc

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
cpu-z dnld and run, then click the memory tab, will give you the running specs, then click SPD and it will give you the factory speeds and make/model.

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
Damn, I have 2 slabs of 256. I was reading a page before about the different standards, and it said that I could mix different sized blocks of memory as long as they were the same type. I always thought this was a no no. Still.. if that's true I'll probably add another 512.

Last edited:

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
mixing brands or different sizes of ram is a no no. It can be done for sure.. however even though it is still ddr ram the chips themselves may speak the same language but differ in accent, dialect, and tempo.

Because of this, adding more ram may cause a hit in performance rather than a boost.