Is it possible for somone to hack into my computer while playing an online game??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dirtmcgirt

dirtmcgirt
Apr 5, 2005
Durham
hey i was just wonderin... is it possible for somone to hack into my computer while im playin and online game? like when im playin on a server. i would really appreciate it if somone could answer me. :lol: :) :D :trans: :enforcer: :biorifle: :chainsaw: :minigun: :man:

Istigkeit

Denied the best ultrasex
Mar 16, 2005
Arctic Stronghold
If they can hack into it while you're not playing, then the likely could while you are. If you're wondering if the act of playing online increases your vulnerability to attacks, then probably not.

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
what are you guys talking about.. of course you could be hacked when your playing a game on the internet....

IF however you mean being hacked by someone on the server with you.. chances are slim i guess.... and if they were on the server and "hacking" you they would probably be idle in game.

and if you think that being on a server someone can get your computers info.. dont worry.. not gunna happen.

and if thats not what you meant... then yes most deffinetly you can get hacked.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Fr4g D3mon said:
and how do u get those pictures that come up under the text u write?

BB code ,

Signature , you can ask here someone if he could make you a signature (image)

I know you are young and new here so please
Oh , please god , don't use FORUMS like you use msn , god , please no.​

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
yeah wont happen.. (if you mean being hacked by someone on the server)

welcome to buf by the way.

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
On noes, don't let anyone steal your megahurtz! :>S

You're more likely to be run over by a Zebra with a top hat than you are being hacked on a server. C:

LooseCannon

... but it's not pink ... ooh yes it is!
Oct 27, 2004
Hampshire, UK
Hi Fr4g D3mon, welcome to BuF.

As Kantham linked above, I linketh here.

We're sending you to another thread for your signature query, else you'd be taking this thread off your own thread topic. K? :)

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Fr4g D3mon said:
what does that meen????
It means that there's a fundamental difference between messengers and forums.

Forums are grouped topics of items, in which just about everyone who is registered can make post their comments, solutions or opinions. Everyone can read these posts as well.
To keep things organised, each forum is divided in subforums with their own subject, and each subforum is - once again - divided in threads. All divisions are by subject, and the best way to read forums is to keep threads (more or less) on topic. If you want to discuss something else, please do so in the appropriate thread, or make a new one. Not only is it easier for everyone, it's also much more likely that your post will be read by someone who can help you.

Another fundamental difference is the time it takes to read and write posts (much slower than messengers). For this reason, you can take your time to write out your posts, and make sure everything is added that you want to add (you never know how much time it'll take until someone will reply).
It's also expected that you read all answered posts; it's rude (to say the least) to ask for something that is already mentioned.

But since you're new, we're gonna cut you some slack. Welcome to BeyondUnreal :)