A problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ultraman

Jan 19, 2000
S.C., usa
Visit site
Hey people i am having a small problem. Some time when i am connecting online in Ut browser my mice arrow stops moving and the whole game freezes. When i ping the games then about 3 min later it moves. Whats causing this? It is anoying. I need help! Any help would be good. This never happens on other stuff.

H

Haades`FW

I had this problem too, but it was my NIC card which was old, rusty and not much compatible win98 :p

if you're on cable/dsl, check your card drivers/settings..

Haades

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
I had the same problem so now I just stay in win mode until I go into a game. Win mode works faster anyway-atleast in my experience.

bullet2.gif

0shadow0
Don't shoot!! I'll die if you do. I'm warning you....ahhhhggg...medic
http://members.tripod.com/~fazal_k

Blatant Bastich

Bite Me Fan Boy!
Feb 8, 2000
Culver City, CA
Visit site
This is a BUMP

Hmmm I just got a new DSL modem and now I have this problem...the UT browser frezzes for like 2 minutes then resumes and sometimes when I log onto a game it freezes as well. Anyone ever come up with a defenitive fix for this.

By the way, I tried all the patches :(

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
I've had that problem too. I installed some hardware on my PC (a HD controller) and the problem disappeared. After a while it re-appeared until I patched UT and it disappeared again. With the next patch version, the problem was back. Then I had to reinstall my whole OS and now the problem is gone again.

I wonder how long it takes until I've got that effect again. It seems to appear and vanish totally random. :/

Lord_Dragon[FB]

that's some cold ****
bueller...haha :)

anyway...

sure there isn't anything running in the background? do you know everything that is opened during startup? virus scan type programs usually open background system scans at startup...i went into msconfig and turned them off myself cause they can lead to slowdown problems.

otherwise, do you restart before playing UT? i wonder if it could be a resource problem. if so, restarting would clear that up mostly.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
I had the same problem as well

I had this problem with patch versions 4.25 and later. I had installed these because 4.20 kept causing GPF's. I unistalled these patches and I am now using 4.13. Make sure you uninstall UT. I think it's the only way to completely remove a patch. Although I think some of it must still be floating around my registry somewhere because I still get some of those lame,obscure error messages that came along with 4.28. That fixed my problem though. No more random freezes(knock on wood). Good luck ;)

Ineffectual

May 31, 2000
students.washington.edu
Hrm... I started having this problem a few days ago. (UT or other games (AOE2 in specific) would have mouse pointer freeze for 3 secs, then be fine for 10 secs, then freeze for another 3 secs, then be fine until sequence repeats (not sure timing on that, hour or more)) I think I might have traced that back to running mIRC in the background, but I'm not sure, so if anyone else has problems like this, let me know.

'Fect

(I'm not sure that it has anything to do with my internet connection though because I was playing AOE2 single player and it kept happening as well.)

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Do you have a firewall? For some reason my firewall "forgot" that I allow UT to access the net and it kept freezing on me. Every time I would reboot it would do it again. Finally I looked at my firewall settings and after giving it a stern talking to, I told it to allow UT to access the net again and it stopped freezing.