Translocator distance

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheCaptain

Apr 28, 2000
Portsmouth, NH, USA
Hey, has anyone else seen that some people seem to go much further when they use the translocator? How did they set that up?

I was sparring with someone who could almost instantly jump 2x farther than I could using the translocator. Whenever I use it, I only go about 1/2 the distance the disk is actually thrown...

Any help would be appreciated. :)
TheCaptain

------------------
Bring it on! :)

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
First, welcome to the Planet Unreal forums soldier. :)

It may be because they telepunt. Telepunting is done by shooting out your translocator, then using the impact hammer to propel it a good distance away. Works liek (mispelled on purpose :)) hell on CTF-Face.

bullet2.gif

The66thDopefish
a.k.a. The Dopefish
QuickICQ: 70291071

"What's the most dumbest creature in the universe? Why, of course, the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. It's so stupid that it thinks if you can't see it, it can't see you. One way to avoid the BugBlatter Beast is to throw a towel over your head."

"So that's why when I talk to one person on IRC we dominate the conversation!"

TheCaptain

Apr 28, 2000
Portsmouth, NH, USA
That punting sounds pretty cool - I'll have to try it out. I don't think that's what he was doing though. I watched him fire the disk, and he would always end up spawning exactly where his disk was, but I'd only get 1/2 way to mine. I wonder if it has to do with running while shooting it...

TheCaptain

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Runnign may have something to do with it. Or he may be a llama. =)

bullet2.gif

The66thDopefish
a.k.a. The Dopefish
QuickICQ: 70291071

"What's the most dumbest creature in the universe? Why, of course, the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. It's so stupid that it thinks if you can't see it, it can't see you. One way to avoid the BugBlatter Beast is to throw a towel over your head."

"So that's why when I talk to one person on IRC we dominate the conversation!"

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
I think it has more to do with the timing of your teleport. I'm still not very good at telerunning because I just cant figure out the timing. Remember, you aren't teleporting to where you see the telethingy, you are teleporting to whereever the telethingy is according to the server at the time the server receives the signal that you hit altfire. (I'm already confusing myself)

If your ping is bad, telerunning can get really confusing.

So if you are not teleporting to where you think you shot the telethingy, ping/timing may be part of the problem.

If you are saying that someone seemed to shoot the telethingy a farther distance than you did, try aiming up a few degrees when you shoot it. If you get a little arc it goes a little farther. (seems like too simple of an answer, but it can't hurt).

Hey Dopefish, have you seen Jibe's demos on telepunting? Jibe is like some mad genius or something. He's the guy who does the controversial zeroping mod. Its the most original and technically confusing mod I know of, and he got it to work the way he wanted it to in an ALPHA release! Ridiculous. Anyway, somewhere in these forums he posted a link to download his telepunting demos. So cool. He has lavagiant and face mastered.